Author Topic: missing icon on top nav bar  (Read 6434 times)

Offline llegrand

• View Profile
missing icon on top nav bar
« on: August 26, 2014, 12:28:31 PM »
I've managed to remove the icon for the "checkout" on the top nav bar (see screen shot)   
I believe it may have been when altering some database files
I have tried replacing the style.css - and a few other things,  but no success.

What do I need to do to get it back? 

thanks
Lee

Offline flyn

• View Profile
Re: missing icon on top nav bar
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2014, 01:33:24 PM »
If you look in the demo Admin - Go to Design then Menu. You will see Checkout. Edit it and you will see the picture real small inside. if it is missing you can click on edit and look for the resource to add it back.

On the flip side if you see it there then something else is going on.. Could be .css but if you did not edit, you can disregard it

Offline llegrand

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2014, 01:41:24 PM »
thanks flynn,  I did try that already as I thought that was the fix.  but I believe this is one of those awesome-fonts rather than a graphic.

And I've tried to read the code and look at the top-nav div and the top-nav.tpl  but coding is not my strong suit and I can't figure out where that particular icon font got lost.  This is actually another users site,  a bit of a newbie and I am not quite sure what he was doing.  But I can't get it back yet.

Lee

Offline flyn

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2014, 01:48:27 PM »
No problem. Here is the code in my admin <i class="icon-barcode"></i>&nbsp;&nbsp;

The class "icon-barcode" is what you need to search for in the .css. It will tell you what file it points to. Actually

Offline flyn

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 26, 2014, 01:51:05 PM »
bootstrap.min.css

.icon-barcode {
   background-position: -456px -24px
}

Line is 1614

Offline flyn

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 26, 2014, 01:55:05 PM »
If you click on resource library it will show up as one of the first set of pictures. Called Checkout Icon

yonghan

« Reply #6 on: August 26, 2014, 07:25:38 PM »
Hi lee,do you mean you want to use animated icon instead of the static?You can try to unlink the icons from design->menu for each of the top nav.Cause if there is an icon that was set for topnav,then it will show the icon instead of the hover animated icon.Hope it works as expected.

Offline llegrand

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 28, 2014, 04:03:10 PM »
Yes,  Yonghan,  that is what we wanted to do.   And I am happy to report it has been accomplished.

This was quite a learning process -  it seems there are two ways to have those icons show up.  If you want the ones that change color on a hover -  you need to have nothing in the image.   If you want them to be static,  then you link them to the correct image in the image file using   Image URL or Resource HTML within the resource library.

Thanks to you and Flyn for the assistance. 

Lee

yonghan

« Reply #8 on: August 28, 2014, 06:31:22 PM »
You're welcome and i'm glad to hear that it was accomplished. :)