Author Topic: default-flat-rate shipping extension  (Read 3640 times)

Offline llegrand

• View Profile
default-flat-rate shipping extension
« on: February 24, 2015, 10:58:52 PM »
On the Flat Rate I need clarification on what is suppose to do -  the Docs say "  A flat fee, also referred to as a flat rate or a linear rate, refers to a pricing structure that charges a single fixed fee for a service, regardless of usage."

Is the intent here for the amount set in the Cost field to be applied to an entire order,  or to each item in order?   e.g  cost set to $10.00,  is that $10.00 for all for items in the order,  or is it $10.00 each for a total of $40.

I getting varying results -  if there is only one qty per item -  it multiplies each item by the cost factor.   But if there is 2+ quantity on an item,  it only applies the cost fast of 1.   See screen shot - 

More clarity on the docs would be helpful and a tool tip on the setup screen would be good also.

Offline Basara

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: default-flat-rate shipping extension
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2015, 12:59:57 AM »
Hello.

Please check your product settings (Look for Fixed Shipping Price and Ship Products individually )
See screenshot from my side I have same products added to cart with same quantity and cost factor 5.00

Offline llegrand

• View Profile
Re: default-flat-rate shipping extension
« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2015, 10:04:33 AM »
Thanks,   I did have one with "ship individually" turned on. 
So many combinations, so many places to screw it up ;)

So the answer is flat rate is intended to be the shipping fee for the entire order.

Lee