Author Topic: Changes to menu in order to add new main category  (Read 5686 times)

Offline buddahboy

• View Profile
Changes to menu in order to add new main category
« on: February 05, 2014, 01:13:01 PM »
Greetings - I need to add a new main category to the menu but don't really know how to change the menu to accommodate it as the whole row is full -- I can change font size a little, reduce padding will also help.  I attach a screenshot of the current menu.  Would appreciate some assistance with this and as usual thanks very much. 

Ron
AbanteCart is one hell of a shopping cart.  Donate once in a while and keep the development plus support going.  --  That's my opinion and I'm stickin' to it!

Offline llegrand

• View Profile
Re: Changes to menu in order to add new main category
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2014, 04:30:41 PM »
Hi Ron,

Don't worry about the number of categories actually - the system will wrap the lines for you.  And it's rather fruitless to be to concerned as each screen size accommodates a different width and the responsive design accommodates them all by wrapping the line.

You can try it by simply downsizing your screen (you know the little box to the left of the close redX)  And then drag the downsized screen larger and smaller and see what the category lines do.

I've attached a screen-shot of your site with a reduced window size so you can see that it already wraps down when the screen is smaller.

Cheers
Lee

Offline buddahboy

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2014, 04:51:19 PM »
Thanks Lee - didn't even think of that!   ???
AbanteCart is one hell of a shopping cart.  Donate once in a while and keep the development plus support going.  --  That's my opinion and I'm stickin' to it!

Offline eCommerce Core

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2014, 04:14:37 PM »
From usability stand point, I would suggest to put less categories on the main level (1 row). Many top level categories overload users with options and look bad.
“If you’re in the luckiest one per cent of humanity, you owe it to the rest of humanity to think about the other 99 per cent.”
― Warren Buffett

Offline buddahboy

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2014, 04:30:39 PM »
I agree with you opinion eCommerce Core - that's what I'm doing anyway - put the 2 new ones in as sub-cats

Thank you
Ron