Author Topic: Multiple Store Question  (Read 11935 times)

Offline James

• View Profile
Multiple Store Question
« on: August 31, 2012, 08:31:59 AM »
Dear Team,

Currently AbanteCart does allows to setup multiple stores, and also assign a domain or sub-domain to it.
And the management of the new cart is being or need to be done through the same login/credential on the same interface for admin.

Is there a way, setup can be done, where in each store can be individually managed. on the same admin interface.
Without being able to see other stores contents. :)

:D or any future plans for such an implementation?

echo $james;

Offline abantecart

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Ideal Open Source Ecommerce Solution
Re: Multiple Store Question
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2012, 11:14:43 PM »
Currently you can manage all stores in one single admin interface.

However, we do have plans to make admin management per store selected  as well as making abantecart multivendor solution

Please  rate your experience or leave your review
We need your help to build better free open source ecommerce platform for everyone. See how you can help

Offline James

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2012, 10:33:31 AM »

However, we do have plans to make admin management per store selected  as well as making abantecart multivendor solution

Ahhhh Perfect  ;D

That would be great, can we expect some more information on it soon  ;)
echo $james;

Offline 4thstar

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 04, 2013, 08:18:17 AM »
Hello.
I have just started to use this cart and it seems great so far, thankyou..

i have 2 or 3 clients that i can set this cart up for...

heres what i would like to do..
I would like to set up a domain name, i would then like to set up subfolders/subdomains and install the cart into each folder keeping them seperate, this will limit acccess to each admin area for each cart to only the cart owners

on the main domain i would like to gather and display details that combine the other carts..

I know that AbanteCart cart offers mult stores, but it doesnt look like the admin areas, payment processors and shipping etc can be managed independantly by each client? am i wrong?

will i need to set up each cart as a completely seperate install?

Kind Regards
carl

Offline abantecart

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Ideal Open Source Ecommerce Solution
« Reply #4 on: October 04, 2013, 09:26:04 AM »
I know that AbanteCart cart offers mult stores, but it doesnt look like the admin areas, payment processors and shipping etc can be managed independantly by each client? am i wrong?

will i need to set up each cart as a completely seperate install?

You can handle extensions (payment, shipping, etc) per each store separately, if you use miltistore approach with one single abantecart installation.
You can set up store URLs and you can have them pointed to sub directories. For this you need to configure Apache properly to load to main directory.

If you go with separate AbanteCart installations for each store, admins will be separate and not be able to connect to each other. 
Please  rate your experience or leave your review
We need your help to build better free open source ecommerce platform for everyone. See how you can help

Offline 4thstar

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 04, 2013, 10:08:21 AM »
Hello.

Im i right in thinking though that if i use the multistore function i wont be able to let..

Client A only access store A
Client B only access store B

and so on?

it appears that theres only 1 admin area and any client could edit another clients store when they have access?

Many thanks
Carl

Offline llegrand

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 04, 2013, 04:41:53 PM »
Carl,  I am just beginning to understand multi-store setup myself.   But I do know that you can set up users for each store and restrict those users to what they can access.

It is found in System > Users   and then you can setup User groups and/or users.

That gives the Master Admin control.

Additionally you can control any of the categories, products etc  by either having the checkbox for the store on or off.
So if you have product 1 and select Store A and Store B,  both will see product 1,  but they can each set their own pricing.
If you have product 1 and only select Store A,  Store B won't see it in their products listing.

Now what I am still looking to figure out is if Store A sees there is  Store B in the dropdowns.  I think they do,  but haven't tested completely yet.

Hope this helps a bit.

Offline 4thstar

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 06, 2013, 03:58:35 PM »
Thanks for the reply..

I have a local based website for my town, i havent yet told many people about it, i do have 3 clients at this point wanting theor own store for their products..

What i am thinking of doing is having one domain name and subdirectories for each client.
it looks like it will be best for me to install multiple carts as seperate installs..thus keeping everything seperate..if i then need to move the domain i can export the database easier :)

what i would like to figure out next is..

If i have 5, 10 or 100 stores how can i create a single page that will collect data from each store and display a "Whats new" set of images and details on the main domain name... but thats down the road a bit ;)

Cheers
Carl

Offline llegrand

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 06, 2013, 04:17:05 PM »
Carl,
I believe your decision to have separate installs is the best  in that each of your stores would have totally different inventory items.   It seems to me the multi-store advantage is when you have the same vendor with several locations.  Then the inventory and it's descriptions etc are consistent across all the locations.

Domain names are very inexpensive and giving each store their own unique cart would seem to have a great marketing advantage to them.  The trade off from your side is that you will need to upgrade each cart independently.  But that might be good too,  you'll only mess up one cart at a time (she says laughingly!)

There must be a way to make a "master" store that is configured optimally and then use that as a basic install for each of the stores as they come on to your system.  That way all the great features that you've discovered and setup would already be setup and you would only need to change the url, database location, etc.  I am going to investigate that aspect once I learn about more of the features and get them configured for my project.

As to your Master Marketing page - I also will be working on something like that, at least for the multi store setup.  If I come up with anything that works,  I'll let you know. 

Just another Abantecarte user!

Offline 4thstar

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 06, 2013, 04:46:23 PM »
Thankyou, yes, for me its one of those situations where all of a sudden clients i have worked with now require carts..
For me i usually design quick static paged websites for small businesses in my area, seo isnt something i guarantee when designing the site, so far however i have done very well on their suggested keywords..

i am cought in to minds,

in one hand having their cart on their website domain name should improve seo, but theres no guarantees at all with thao IMO..

on the other hand creating the static pages as i already do and then off link to a website containing several local peoples carts (or direct to their cart) and also be able to display multiple vendors and their products in the main domain may actually increase visibility for my clients more than seo..

the website i have is called BidefordMarket and i would set up clients like..

BidefordMarket/Business1
BidefordMarket/Business2
BidefordMarket/Business3

What i would like to do would be to show the most recent products from all the above here..

BidefordMarket/stores/index_html
For the moment though a set of simple screenshots on the above page linking to each cart would be fine and easy to do..

I am just about to look and see if when using a standard install of AbanteCart cart if its possible to create a completely empty page (white and empty) and then add just a "Latest Products" block to it..if i can do this i can randomize the page inside an iframe..Maybee lol

Talk soon
carl

Offline llegrand

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 08, 2014, 02:49:14 PM »

Is there any update on if and when this functionality will be available?