Author Topic: Heart Internet rewrite rule  (Read 4679 times)

Offline jocrombie

• View Profile
Heart Internet rewrite rule
« on: September 01, 2014, 08:44:25 PM »
Hi

I installed abantestore this mornning and am pretty close to having a decent start on the website already so happy so far.

I am hosting with heartinternet.   I have 3 websites with website1 being the parent folder and the other two located as subfolders of the public_html folder.   So my abantestore has to be installed in a folder website1/public_html/website2

This means that i can only access the website on the url website1/website2.    I want to make website1 invisible to customers so they see it as a standalone website.   Can this be done by a rewrite and if so what do i need to do in my htaccess file.   

Any help would be great

Thanks

Jo

Offline Basara

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Heart Internet rewrite rule
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2014, 01:16:34 AM »
Hello.

This is related to your domain (subdomain) configuration in Cpanel (domain admin panel). No matter where installed AbanteCart files. You need to configure your domain or subdomain to resolve website1/public_html/website2 path.
try to create subdomain like shop.website1.com and assign it to the website1/public_html/website2 path
OR configure website1.com domain to resolve website1/public_html/website2 path

Note: After domain path changes you need to change Store URL setting in AbanteCart Admin-System-Settings-Details Tab

Offline jocrombie

• View Profile
Re: Heart Internet rewrite rule
« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2014, 04:20:08 AM »
it was just a simple clear the cache issue