Please help us to make AbanteCart Ideal Open Source Ecommerce Solution for everyone.

Support AbanteCart eCommerce

Author Topic: Maintenance mode little bug?  (Read 7758 times)

Offline cookie

• View Profile
Maintenance mode little bug?
« on: January 16, 2014, 09:56:17 AM »
Just wanted to point out that for me the maintenance mode seems to have a small bug.

It should " If logged in as admin, you will see the store as normal." but this is not happening. The store remains blocked even if I login as admin.

Offline abantecart

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Ideal Open Source Ecommerce Solution
Re: Maintenance mode little bug?
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2014, 02:01:45 PM »
This works for me. Are you clicking on link in the admin header? What browser do you have?
Please  rate your experience or leave your review
We need your help to build better free open source ecommerce platform for everyone. See how you can help

Offline DavidLIR

• View Profile
    • Love is Real
« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2014, 03:56:56 PM »
abantecart,
i am interested in this also, What link do I click on to go to the website?  I looked in the abantecart admin page and not seeing it?
Thanks
Love is Real....All Else is Illusion

Offline abantecart

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Ideal Open Source Ecommerce Solution
« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2014, 05:04:38 PM »
There is a link at the top "Storefront"
I know it is small :)

Please  rate your experience or leave your review
We need your help to build better free open source ecommerce platform for everyone. See how you can help

Offline eCommerce Core

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2014, 06:50:57 PM »
Works for me too
“If you’re in the luckiest one per cent of humanity, you owe it to the rest of humanity to think about the other 99 per cent.”
― Warren Buffett

Offline DavidLIR

• View Profile
    • Love is Real
« Reply #5 on: January 17, 2014, 08:09:03 PM »
Abantecart,

Great thanks, I found it...perhaps we could make it just a wee bit more noticeable...

have a great day!  Keep up the good work.
Love is Real....All Else is Illusion

Offline webdevmerc

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 14, 2014, 01:13:48 AM »
I am running into this issue currently.  I click on the "Storefront" link next to the "You are logged in...", but still get the default maintenance page.

Is there a place to look at logs or debug it in some way?

I assume it's something simple in my environment or install causing this, but wasn't sure where or what to check...Happens on both Firefox and IE and I've actually never seen it work for me.

Thanks for any pointers!

Online llegrand

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 14, 2014, 01:35:09 AM »
I have encountered this on occasion -  here's what I do to get "unstuck".   

First,  if you were on your mtce page by a normal method (not within the Apanel)  try refreshing your browser using Cntl F5.

If that doesn't do it,  then within your Apanel  switch your Maintenance off,  save it  and then switch it back to ON, being sure to save it again.  You can do this in rather quick succession.

It seems that it gets hung up somehow -  this off/on and Cntl F5 has always cleared the issue for me.

Hope it works for you too.

Offline webdevmerc

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 14, 2014, 08:32:43 AM »
Thanks for your time and tips!  I tried it on both browsers, but get the same result...

Is the "mtce" page you refer to just the maintenance page (any page on the website?).

I feel it's probably something really simple in my config since not many people seem to have this issue...I also created another "admin" account user since my 1st/default admin user wasn't created with login name "admin".

Does anyone know what files control the "Storefront" link?  I think something within my environment is making it not work.
That said, I don't think I've ever seen it work for me so maybe it's not the account since I used "admin" on my first install...

Thanks for any other ideas to try and your time!

Edit: I created another store with the admin login and still get the same error...Not sure what's preventing it from working, but probably something which doesn't recognize my session or something on my computer.  Going to load another browser and see if that works.

Edit2: Loaded a completely new browser on my machine (Opera) and still get the same result.  Going to try a different machine in the house...

Edit3: Same issue on another machine...Have to think a bit more since a setting/tag/config file is probably setup completely wrong...turning off maintenance mode works immediately of course.

Edit4: Ok, I finally see what it looks like if it's working.  If someone knows what's happening in the backend, maybe I can fix it more permanently or can give me tips on fixing it.  I think my SSL session/setting is messing up my session preventing my admin user from getting access when it's in maintenance mode.  However, if I click it in this order, I can then see the store while in maintenance mode with the top message "Notice: Maintenance mode is on."

When it's not working, I can do this to get it working:
1) From the Admin Dashboard: System -> Settings -> Details
By default, my "Use SSL" is "ON"

2) Turn "Use SSL" to "OFF"
<SAVE>

3) Click on "Storefront" on the top

4) It opens the store still in maintenance mode.

5) Go back to the Admin Dashboard window that should still be open and
Turn "Use SSL" to "ON"
<SAVE>

6) Now, go back to the storefront tab/window that opened and failed earlier and put https:// in front of the store url and refresh and it works after that...

7) I can reproduce it constantly, however...I notice that if I ever go to a page that isn't https:// (like home, login, account, etc...), it reverts back to my earlier problem and I have to do this again to get back in with the store.

Maybe I need to just use https everywhere?
« Last Edit: September 14, 2014, 11:27:42 AM by webdevmerc »

Offline webdevmerc

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 14, 2014, 03:26:16 PM »
Forcing https to the site seems to have fixed it actually.

I think what's happening is that the SSL session and my regular http session is cancelling the other session out so it eventually pushes me out of the website when it's in maintenance mode.

When I force it to use https:// for everything via .htaccess, it doesn't have this issue anymore and pops right into the store if I'm logged in as admin.