Author Topic: I need help !  (Read 4309 times)

Offline shopmania

• View Profile
I need help !
« on: September 16, 2014, 03:15:02 AM »
Hello,

I have made the Register page more accessible to users, i've removed most of the required fields as explained here :

newbielink:http://forum.abantecart.com/index.php?topic=417.0 [nonactive]

So now a new user can register with only : Name, Email and Pass

THE PROBLEM

New customers can checkout and place orders and i do not have an address for delivery or telephone number for contact

Here when they place the order and select the shipping

index.php?rt=checkout/shipping

Customers can proceed to checkout and place the order without having entered the delivery address and telephone number

If they click and go to

index.php?rt=checkout/address/shipping

They can't edit the current address ( that shows only Name, No address, No telephone ) they can only add a new address.
--

PLEASE HELP

I would like customers to be required to enter their address, telephone before they place the order.

Ideally on this page : index.php?rt=checkout/shipping

Also
This page : index.php?rt=checkout/address/shipping to allow users to EDIT their current details.

Thank you.

Offline eCommerce Core

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: I need help !
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2014, 07:15:51 AM »
Hello,

I have made the Register page more accessible to users, i've removed most of the required fields as explained here :

http://forum.abantecart.com/index.php?topic=417.0

If you remove address fields, there will be no address saved. Keep address related fields for registration. You can add these at a later step before check out. For this you will need to create a new controller/template
“If you’re in the luckiest one per cent of humanity, you owe it to the rest of humanity to think about the other 99 per cent.”
― Warren Buffett

Offline shopmania

• View Profile
Re: I need help !
« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2014, 10:35:59 AM »
Hello,

newbielink:http://forum.abantecart.com/index.php?topic=417.0 [nonactive]

If you remove address fields, there will be no address saved. Keep address related fields for registration. You can add these at a later step before check out. For this you will need to create a new controller/template

Thank you for the reply.

I want people to register with just Name and Email, they have to be registered to see the prices so if i'll be asking a lot of personal details just to see the prices most people will not register.

What i need is a scrip that will require the customers to update their info or add an address when they reach the

" index.php?rt=checkout/shipping " page

Also i'd like the add to cart option without leaving page on the default product page.

Thank you. !