Please help us to make AbanteCart Ideal Open Source Ecommerce Solution for everyone.

Support AbanteCart eCommerce

Author Topic: The problem of looping during the installation process  (Read 5625 times)

Offline Lester_John

• View Profile
The problem of looping during the installation process
« on: January 25, 2018, 05:13:26 PM »
Hello all

My apologies to the community for being too late in my reply to answers on my original post, particularly to Basara and abantecart who had taken the time to reply. Had a rush of new websites to complete.

My problem at the time was that when installing Abantecart on my local host Xampp, I could complete the first two steps, but when I completed the configuration page, it simply looped back to step one, which is the licence agreement. And this is still going on, despite re downloading AbanteCart cart, and setting it up in a completely new folder. In essence, that's as far as I can get. The configuration page. The loge show no errors what so ever.

In answer to Basara and abantecart regards my system, it consists of the following:

PHP version 7.1.11
Windows 7 Professional
Intel i7 CPU
16 GB RAM
64 bit operating system

I would appreciate any help offered on this issue. AbanteCart cart looks to be just what I need for my clients, but i cant get it to operate at the moment.

Thank you

Offline Basara

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: The problem of looping during the installation process
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2018, 12:08:05 AM »
Hello.

Check Bitnami Modules for XAMPP. All installation proceed by bitnami installer
https://bitnami.com/redirect/to/170300/bitnami-abantecart-1.2.12-0-module-windows-installer.exe

Offline eCommerce Core

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2018, 10:14:26 AM »
After installation starts to loop, check your error log for AbanteCart in system/logs and in your web server logs.

Basically, there is a system error, that prevents installation to finish. We need to know what the error is in your system.
“If you’re in the luckiest one per cent of humanity, you owe it to the rest of humanity to think about the other 99 per cent.”
― Warren Buffett

Offline abolabo

• core-developer
  • Administrator
  • web for all, all for web!
    • View Profile
    • AbanteCart
« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2018, 11:40:17 AM »
Also you can open file public_html/install/model/install.php
and look into method validateRequirements()
There a lot of checks.
Please be sure that your php configured correctly
“No one is useless in this world who lightens the burdens of another.”
― Charles Dickens

Offline Lester_John

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2018, 10:33:30 PM »
Ok, thank you Basara. That installation seems to have worked, and I have placed it on the local address 127.0.0.1. unfortunately the path to the admin panel is now not working. i am not so sure of myself to alter the address in the system/config.php file.

From here?

Cheers

Lester

Offline Basara

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 28, 2018, 11:47:29 PM »
Ok, thank you Basara. That installation seems to have worked, and I have placed it on the local address 127.0.0.1. unfortunately the path to the admin panel is now not working. i am not so sure of myself to alter the address in the system/config.php file.

From here?

Cheers

Lester

Hi. Admin url is what you enter during installation process but you can find it in system/config.php file
check for
define('ADMIN_PATH', 'admin');

so admin url will be http://localhost/abantecart/index.php?s=admin or http://127.0.0.1/abantecart/index.php?s=admin

Offline Lester_John

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 29, 2018, 05:25:21 PM »
Thank you Basara. Please forgive me. i must be a complete idiot, but now the admin login will not give me access even though I am typing in the password set at installation, even though I have now reinstalled ther application twice and tried again. The logs give me this sequence:

2018-01-29 22:38:30 - App Warning:  AbanteCart core v.1.2 ADispatch: pages/activation construct FAILED. Missing or incorrect controller route path. Possibly, layout block is enabled for disabled or missing extension! Execution stack:     -  C:\xampp\apps\abantecart\htdocs\core\engine\dispatcher.php(76): genExecTrace('full')
    -  C:\xampp\apps\abantecart\htdocs\core\engine\page.php(97): ADispatcher->__construct('pages/activatio...', Array)
    -  C:\xampp\apps\abantecart\htdocs\install\index.php(104): APage->build('pages/activatio...') in C:\xampp\apps\abantecart\htdocs\core\engine\dispatcher.php on line 77

And  apache is blocked in Xampp, giving this error message:

11:31:37 AM  [Apache]    Error: Apache shutdown unexpectedly.
11:31:37 AM  [Apache]    This may be due to a blocked port, missing dependencies,
11:31:37 AM  [Apache]    improper privileges, a crash, or a shutdown by another method.
11:31:37 AM  [Apache]    Press the Logs button to view error logs and check
11:31:37 AM  [Apache]    the Windows Event Viewer for more clues
11:31:37 AM  [Apache]    If you need more help, copy and post this
11:31:37 AM  [Apache]    entire log window on the forums
11:35:01 AM  [Apache]    Problem detected!
11:35:01 AM  [Apache]    Port 80 in use by "Unable to open process" with PID 3128!
11:35:01 AM  [Apache]    Apache WILL NOT start without the configured ports free!
11:35:01 AM  [Apache]    You need to uninstall/disable/reconfigure the blocking application
11:35:01 AM  [Apache]    or reconfigure Apache and the Control Panel to listen on a different port
11:35:01 AM  [Apache]    Problem detected!
11:35:01 AM  [Apache]    Port 443 in use by "Unable to open process" with PID 3128!
11:35:01 AM  [Apache]    Apache WILL NOT start without the configured ports free!
11:35:01 AM  [Apache]    You need to uninstall/disable/reconfigure the blocking application
11:35:01 AM  [Apache]    or reconfigure Apache and the Control Panel to listen on a different port

Next?

Offline Sam_78

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 29, 2018, 05:56:52 PM »
Your apache is giving error because you are using port 80 that is already been used by other services
To resolve this error you need to use available port
click on config button next to stop, admin and before log for apache in xampp control panel there you will see 3 files with apache prefix open each of them one by one press ctrl + f and look for number 80 replace them with any other available port for example 8081
do this for all apache files then restart apache. This will solve your apache error

once it starts then you need to change your url from localhost:80 to localhost:8081

Installing abantecart through XAMPP is really simple but you need to have some basic knowledge but don't worry thats what we are here for.
Try it and then let me know
P.S I am also XAMPP user and abanteCart work perfectly fine with it
« Last Edit: January 29, 2018, 06:03:12 PM by Sam_78 »