Author Topic: PayPal Extension and Poodle (ssl socket issue) Dec 3, 2014 changes  (Read 5262 times)

Offline llegrand

• View Profile
As some of us use PayPal,  I thought I would post this in regards to my notifications and testing.  I only use the PayPal Standart  extension, and that is what I have tested.  I can report that there is no issue with connecting to the PayPal accounts using the current extension for default_pp_standart.

Others will have to test the other extensions and please report your findings.

PayPal says:
 PayPal Users Must Discontinue Using SSL 3.0 By December 3, 2014

If you are unsure whether you are using SSL 3.0 all you need to do is test your integration against the Sandbox. If you can make an API request, you are not using SSL 3.0, as this has already been disabled on the PayPal Sandbox, and you will experience no compatibility or security issues. If you are unsure how to test your integration against the Sandbox, please refer to the Merchant Response Guide for more details.
Lee

Offline abantecart

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Ideal Open Source Ecommerce Solution
Re: PayPal Extension and Poodle (ssl socket issue) Dec 3, 2014 changes
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2014, 06:22:50 PM »
Thank you Lee. This is actually on my TODO list this week :)
Please  rate your experience or leave your review
We need your help to build better free open source ecommerce platform for everyone. See how you can help

Offline abantecart

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Ideal Open Source Ecommerce Solution
Re: PayPal Extension and Poodle (ssl socket issue) Dec 3, 2014 changes
« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2014, 10:26:59 AM »
To update on PayPal and SSL 3.0

There is no impact on AbanteCart. We use default SSL setting for curl connection.

I would recommend to check curl configuration on hosting to verify that SSL 3.0 is not used or forced.
Please  rate your experience or leave your review
We need your help to build better free open source ecommerce platform for everyone. See how you can help