Poll

How do i reqire customers to enter their address and telephone number on checkout

How to edit checkout confirm pages
0 (0%)
How to edit user's details on checkout page
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Author Topic: Checkout problem !  (Read 3988 times)

Offline shopmania

• View Profile
Checkout problem !
« on: September 11, 2014, 08:59:19 AM »
Hello,

I have made the Register page more accessible to users, i've removed most of the required fields as explained here :

newbielink:http://forum.abantecart.com/index.php?topic=417.0 [nonactive]

So now a new user can register with only : Name, Email and Pass

THE PROBLEM

New customers can checkout and place orders and i do not have an address for delivery or telephone number for contact

Here when they place the order and select the shipping

index.php?rt=checkout/shipping

Customers can proceed to checkout and place the order without having entered the delivery address and telephone number

If they click and go to

index.php?rt=checkout/address/shipping

They can't edit the current address ( that shows only Name, No address, No telephone ) they can only add a new address.
--

PLEASE HELP

I would like customers to be required to enter their address, telephone before they place the order.

Ideally on this page : index.php?rt=checkout/shipping

Also
This page : index.php?rt=checkout/address/shipping to allow users to EDIT their current details.

Thank you.

Offline llegrand

• View Profile
Re: Checkout problem !
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2014, 09:22:35 AM »
from one cart user to another -  seems like you have been quite successful in overriding what is generally considered good business practice.   Why not just use the original configuration for account registration - so you get their necessary information?   If they are going to order from you, you need those things and if they are unwilling to give you that necessary information -  then you are not going to be able to service them very easily or very well.

There is also the option for them to checkout as a guest (no account setup)  but they still are required to give you the necessary information to fulfill their order.

If your goal in making account registration easier - is just to get a large client list  try enticing them to signup for the newsletter list -  so you can market to them.  It requires less information. 

Just some observations from another user.
Lee

Offline shopmania

• View Profile
Re: Checkout problem !
« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2014, 09:48:01 AM »
Dear Lee,
I appreciate the kind feedback .
 I am looking to set up a flash sales website, registration is required to see prices or order so i need a simple registration that people can make in a few clicks.

Generally new registered users will be reticent to give you their full details as address telephone number just to see prices.

I personally like to register on a new website with less details as possible, be it ecommerce or whatever.

Maybe you can help me with my issue or post what you've modified with your website to make it simpler easier to use.