Author Topic: Bugs and suggestions  (Read 5662 times)

Offline alevene

• View Profile
Bugs and suggestions
« on: September 11, 2014, 11:09:52 AM »
I have been working with AbanteCart for two weeks and have found bugs, and have some product suggestions.

When you

The csv export allows modifying product details but is not as effective as it can be, and has one bug that I found. I'd suggest exporting only the fields that you are interested in and that rather than having one very long row, the export breaks each product into blocks so it can be edited and added to more easily. I've noticed that if you change the special pricing, it just adds it to the specials and doesn't replace what's there when imported back.

When you use the selectbox option with more than a few line items, and then save the pricing changes to zero about 50% of the time! You have to reenter the numbers and save repeatedly until it saves properly. The sort column shows unusual characters that MUST be replaced manually by numbers. Perhaps changing to an automatic 1 3 5 7... and son on allows for quick sort numbers.

I'd like to see additional fields that can be added by users so that sorts can be used by prospects by using the fields.
I'd like to see "Too low to show" instead of sale, so -
     You have to "order" to see the price in the cart
     or, you have to email vendor to get pricing.

Many companies have policies that block discounting below certain levels. This deals with that problem.

A missing feature is to have a text box above, or to the left of an option box providing extensive details if necessary. You can add a text area, but it often creates a scroll down bar. Perhaps a user selectable size option is best?

An attractive free shipping icon (for selected products) would be a good feature.

More later.

Offline Basara

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Bugs and suggestions
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2014, 03:32:26 AM »
When you
The csv export allows modifying product details but is not as effective as it can be, and has one bug that I found. I'd suggest exporting only the fields that you are interested in and that rather than having one very long row,
On export page click + button to expand custom fields selection. But I am agree not all possible field can be selected. See screen 1
By the way you can remove almost all unwanted fields (not all) from CSV file

the export breaks each product into blocks so it can be edited and added to more easily.
What do you mean blocks?

I've noticed that if you change the special pricing, it just adds it to the specials and doesn't replace what's there when imported back.
It is work for me. Try to import again and after import clear AbanteCart cache in Admin-System-Cache

When you use the selectbox option with more than a few line items, and then save the pricing changes to zero about 50% of the time! You have to reenter the numbers and save repeatedly until it saves properly.
Did you wait for 'Success: You have modified product option.' message? I can not replicate this issue. Please provide screenshot

The sort column shows unusual characters that MUST be replaced manually by numbers. Perhaps changing to an automatic 1 3 5 7... and son on allows for quick sort numbers.
Sort column show 'NA' character only if you did not assign any value for the first added option value. Try to assign 1 and see that next option value added will be 2. Also you dont need to remove 'NA' characters, after save Sort Order will be '0' in this case. Anyway we will improve this small issue.  ;)

I'd like to see "Too low to show" instead of sale, so -
     You have to "order" to see the price in the cart
     or, you have to email vendor to get pricing.

For now we have few features might help you:
Global setting Login Display Prices: Show/Hide prices if customer is not logged in.
Each product have setting Block Product From Ordering: This will put product to display mode only with no ability to order. Contact us for order message will be displayed.

Many companies have policies that block discounting below certain levels. This deals with that problem.
When you add special price or quantity discount for different Customer Groups this extension give you some space for loyalty http://marketplace.abantecart.com/customer-experience/customer-group-update-customer-loyalty

A missing feature is to have a text box above, or to the left of an option box providing extensive details if necessary. You can add a text area, but it often creates a scroll down bar. Perhaps a user selectable size option is best?

An attractive free shipping icon (for selected products) would be a good feature.

More later.

Thank you for suggestions.
If you have more questions or suggestions please create separate topics

Offline alevene

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2014, 01:56:46 PM »
If I create a dropdown list as my preferred way of pricing the same product but with different components, I create a selectbox and then add fields. If I add the incremental cost into each price box and save it works properly.

If I edit the price fields in many instances some of the line item prices defaults to 1.00 or 2.00.

I have to either try this repeatedly, or start again and eventually delete the original selectbox option.

It only seems to happen when I have 10 or more option line items.

I will provide screen shots when this random event occurs again

Offline alevene

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2014, 01:59:29 PM »
Global setting Login Display Prices: Show/Hide prices if customer is not logged in.
Each product have setting Block Product From Ordering: This will put product to display mode only with no ability to order. Contact us for order message will be displayed.
-------------------

The Block Product From Ordering is a workaround. I'll test.

I think that the The Login Display Prices: Show/Hide prices if customer is not logged in feature will block every product, not just a select few.

In any instance, having an automatic field appear if the options section has an entry in it, will be valuable.

Offline alevene

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 17, 2014, 10:04:35 AM »
Here are the images showing what the bug does. It changes sales price increments randomly. It is so frequent that I must make a screen capture prior to saving changes, as the system screws up the pricing that has to be manually applied by referring to the before screen image.

I can only attach one image at a time.

Offline alevene

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 17, 2014, 10:05:19 AM »
Next image

Offline alevene

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 17, 2014, 10:10:36 AM »
I tried both of these workarounds to avoid listing price, that would only show in the shopping basket. Neither did the job.

Global settings - by definition affect the entire website not a particular product that the manufacturer doesn't want to show deep discounts.

Block Product From Ordering doesn't work as the prospect has no idea what the pricing is.

What I'm looking for is a granular way of -

1   Only showing the extra discounted price in the shopping basket, so that only the approved discount is visible before "buying." Amazon does this all of the time.
2   A pop up message or similar to call for bigger discount. The options textbox works but it's scrollable and doesn't show a lot of text without scrolling.

Offline Basara

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 18, 2014, 01:53:21 AM »
Next image

Hello. I replicate you issue. It is large price values related. Like 2,588.00
Thank You for your report we will fix this in next version