Please help us to make AbanteCart Ideal Open Source Ecommerce Solution for everyone.

Support AbanteCart eCommerce

Author Topic: High Volume/Traffic on AbanteCart  (Read 5056 times)

Offline James

• View Profile
High Volume/Traffic on AbanteCart
« on: December 29, 2011, 12:32:52 PM »
Dear AbanteCart Team,

Note sure if this post should be going here. Please do correct me.!

I have been thinking about the long term side of using AbanteCart,  What if an AbanteCart live deployment has about 10 Categories, and 120 Sub categories with  1500+ or more Products in it.

And the daily Volume Traffic to the site is at 40 to 50k per day. What would happen in this case?

Any advice :) Most welcome :)

What would be the impact, on the front end and gui side. (storefront)
What would be the impact on the mysql db side. (how well will the queries be managed)

What if the average purchase, per day tops to around 20 to 40 products being sold. How well will the data in the db be managed, and as the table sizes increase what would happen..

This is just out of curiosity that i would like to know :)

Thanks Guys..
echo $james;

Offline abantecart

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Ideal Open Source Ecommerce Solution
Re: High Volume/Traffic on AbanteCart
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2011, 07:25:45 AM »
Hi James,

You have very good questions. Let me clarify.

AbanteCart was designed to work well under heavy traffic and data load. We do regular tests for performance under different conditions.

To support good performance AbanteCart utilize caching of the data and optimized database queries.

About UI.
Keep in mind that most of the traffic and load will be on the storefront of your cart. There is no heavy an bulky JavaScript for UI that will effect performance of the storefront from UI perspective.

Bottom line, we believe that AbanteCart is capable of handling large loads and volumes, but it is not enterprise solution as of yet.
In any case, we will be glad to resolve issues related to performance if they arise.

Please  rate your experience or leave your review
We need your help to build better free open source ecommerce platform for everyone. See how you can help

Offline James

• View Profile
Re: High Volume/Traffic on AbanteCart
« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2011, 08:24:21 AM »
Appreciate your response :) That was helpful .. Incase anything arises we shall surely post on here :)
echo $james;