Author Topic: Are social icons part of the default installation of AbanteCart 1.1.9?  (Read 4711 times)

Offline intheblues

• View Profile
Hi everyone,

Are the social icons block part of the regular installation or is it something I have to do manually or via a plugin?  I have searched the forum and found a few help topics that say the block should be under the Layout Section but I don't have it as an option.

All I want to do is add a Facebook, Twitter, Google+, and YouTube icon to my sites top via the layout manager.  I know how to add blocks to these sections but I don't have any social icon options anywhere.  Is there something I am missing or do I need to download a third party plugin/extension?

This has had me stumped for a few days looking online.  Any help is appreciated.  :o 8)

Regards,

Shane

yonghan

Re: Are social icons part of the default installation of AbanteCart 1.1.9?
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2014, 05:17:38 AM »
Hello,you can open the abantecart demo first and login to the admin,and then find the social icons block under Design->Blocks and look for Social Icons on Name column like my screenshot.Hope it helps.

Offline intheblues

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2014, 05:40:20 AM »
Thanks for your help but for some reason my installation doesn't have that option. I had to do the code manually which took ages.  I seem to also be missing the banner block as well which is odd.  Other than that, the site is working great.  Thanks for your help, I had a feeling mine was missing from the automatic Cpanel installer.  I appreciate the help though, thanks again.  :)

yonghan

« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2014, 09:23:25 AM »
You're welcome.If you're using softaculous to install abantecart,you can't install the demo data.Unless you install it manually.What i mean is you can open http://www.abantecart.com/shopping-cart-demo and copy the codes from the related blocks.Hope it helps.