Author Topic: Is usps website correct in default_usps.php or should it be variable?  (Read 4463 times)

Offline webdevmerc

• View Profile
It doesn't let me post external links so maybe someone can see if this is even an issue or if something changed with the USPS or maybe their test server was down this morning...

Anyhow, I was having a tough time triggering the default_usps extension to fire to calculate shipping in my cart this morning...When I entered a zipcode and hit enter, it does it's thing, but nothing happens...no shipping from USPS shows up.  I entered my USPS Web Tools User ID and password, but nothing...

Anyhow, I was looking at the php code on the server and noticed that compared to my email, the URL for the USPS server that it's checking is hard coded as:
File I was looking at: ./extensions/default_usps/storefront/model/extension/default_usps.php

Line 127:
                                curl_setopt($curl, CURLOPT_, 'uspswebapiaddress/ShippingAPITest.dll?' . $request);

On the email after I created my USPS Webapi account, I get:

----- Forwarded Message -----
Subject: Important USPS Web Tool Registration Notice

***** Please DO NOT REPLY to this automated message.  Contact information is provided below. *****

Thank you for registering for the U. S. Postal Service's Web Tools Application Program Interfaces (APIs).  We are providing you with a Username to allow for access to the Production Servers, either through a third party ecommerce shipping software or through direct integration.

Your Username is myusername
Your Password is mypassword

The URLs you will use for the Production Servers are:
        uspswebapiaddress/ShippingAPI.dll
        uspswebapiaddress/ShippingAPI.dll

There is no "Test" in the address.

Was there another location where we can enter the USPS shipping apis website?

Wasn't sure if I'm looking in the wrong spot or not.

On version 1.1.9.  Once I changed the address without test, it ran off a calculation of the shipping.
« Last Edit: September 20, 2014, 06:44:37 PM by webdevmerc »

Offline webdevmerc

• View Profile
Re: Is usps website correct in default_usps.php or should it be variable?
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2014, 06:57:13 PM »
Searching more USPS messages, I found this one:
http://forum.abantecart.com/index.php?topic=2673.0

So it looks like it's the same problem.  The Abantecart code references a USPS site that doesn't work anymore so if you change it, it should be working I think.

I get strange shipping options though so have to work through those currently.