Author Topic: trying to upload the .mp4 video clip files to my store, to sell each download a  (Read 6560 times)

Offline madameam

• View Profile
trying to upload the .mp4 video clip files to my store, to sell each download as a product in my store. but i've watched the tutorial video 20 times and i'm still doing it wrong.  ii can upload a thumbnail/small picture to represent the video for download and i can write the description, but i can't get the video file to upload and show on my store product page.

help?

Thx in advance!

Offline llegrand

• View Profile
I am completely sure I understand what you are trying to do - so let me make a best guess :-\

There are two distinct areas for "downloads"  here;s the document link for the product download to sell and perhaps you have been there as it has the video link also.  This download will not show in your product listing page -  it is a product for sale.

http://www.abantecart.com/ecommerce-documentation/33-admin-user-manual/catalog-menu/downloads

Now,  if you wish to have a video preview clip on your product listing page  that is adding a video to your description field.  And here's the doc link for that -  this  is not a product for your customers to buy, only to show a clip of what you have in the above download product for sale.

http://www.abantecart.com/ecommerce-documentation/31-admin-user-manual/catalog-menu/products#Media%20Tab

Hope this is clear enough to get you the desire result.

Lee

PS,  here's a link to another site that has downloads for sale - so you can see how the process looks when it is all done correctly.

http://www.vishwagifts.com/babaji-babaji-herakhan-baba-shri-1008-haidakhan-babaji-navaratri-ebook-homa-ebook-bhajans-kirtan-aarati-arati-yagna-yajna/babaji-speaks-live-in-haidakhan-with-english-translation-digital-download
« Last Edit: October 07, 2014, 06:50:51 PM by llegrand »

Offline madameam

• View Profile
hello and thx for helping me again!
sorry to be such a techtard.

anyways, yes! the link you gave as an example of how it should look when done right is exactly what i want, minus the little audio sample given in the description. i attached a screenshot showing that i haVE just a small pic  to represent the product download, but there's no actual download as far as i can tell, even though i've uploaded this file like 3 times now. and i went through the steps to add the download to the product but for some reason im missing something... when i try to see the product page with a description, it doesn't show the video file to download.

attached screenshot of my page where i'm trying to have the downloadable clip for sale

Offline llegrand

• View Profile
Ah,  I am beginning to understand your points of confusion.

Ok,  check in this places to see if your download is available
1. Catalog > Product > FILES tab,   if is showing there then it will be available for download after purchasing.
2. Catalog > downloads,   that will list all of the downloads you have available in your system.

The download product you are selling does not show up until after an order has been placed.   Then a link to the download is sent in the invoice to the customer.   They must have an account, as they have to log into their account to get to the downloads they have purchased.

Once you have gotten a download associated in Item #1 above  - set your pricing to zero and try an order as a customer on your site to see how it all works.

Lee