Please help us to make AbanteCart Ideal Open Source Ecommerce Solution for everyone.

Support AbanteCart eCommerce

Author Topic: Change Add To Cart, and View to "Out Of Stock" for OOS items.  (Read 35288 times)

Offline llegrand

• View Profile
Re: Change Add To Cart, and View to "Out Of Stock" for OOS items.
« Reply #15 on: January 14, 2015, 10:56:51 PM »
well that does appear to be an issue for your install.

Have you tried making another fresh install in a different  dir or sub-domain  just to see if it is something with your system,  or with your upgrade site.?  I would leave the test data there at first and see.  Then you could do an sql dump and import to get your products,etc and see if that breaks something.  That would help you begin to isolate the issue.   There are some many elements,  servers, software, uses, browsers,  upgrades by the gazillions -  sometimes it seems a small miracle that anything works :o

Offline thedarksyde

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 17, 2015, 12:57:08 PM »
I could try dropping in the file with that new functionality onto the current installed file and see what that does, as well, but I do not know which one it is. Can you tell me which files it is? 
« Last Edit: January 19, 2015, 02:52:50 PM by thedarksyde »

Offline thedarksyde

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 22, 2015, 08:57:20 AM »
Anyone know which files I would need to overwrite?

Offline thedarksyde

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 29, 2015, 02:23:03 PM »
I think it is weird that no one knows which files make this new functionality occur.  So I could just drop those over the current ones to see if that fixes the issue.

Offline thedarksyde

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 09, 2015, 12:18:45 PM »
This is my weekly bump hoping to get someone to answer which files this change is a part of so I can try to drop those files again.   

Offline llegrand

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 09, 2015, 02:14:10 PM »
Let's try one more time -

Your screen shot from Jan 14,  does not indicate that your Out of Stock setting is ON.  The on box needs to be BLUE to indicate ON.

see this screen shot to show what it is suppose to look like when it is enabled. 

Offline thedarksyde

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 10, 2015, 11:12:03 AM »
Let's try one more time -

Your screen shot from Jan 14,  does not indicate that your Out of Stock setting is ON.  The on box needs to be BLUE to indicate ON.

see this screen shot to show what it is suppose to look like when it is enabled.

No that is not the function I want.  As I went over before.  You even said that I had an issue with my install (Top of this page, your reply at the top)

The picture in your most recent screen shot has nothing to do with OUT OF STOCK.  That puts a "call to order" button on the item.  That is not "Out Of Stock" nor is that automatic for each item as it goes out of stock.  Here is what that item looks like with what you said to do.

http://www.openblindboxes.com/index.php?rt=product/product&product_id=436

Here is an item that I have set up with a quantity of 0.  If you look at the product it still allows to to be Add to Cart, but the quantity is zero and it says out of stock in the details. 

http://www.openblindboxes.com/index.php?rt=product/product&product_id=397

Here are the settings for this specific item AGAIN, so that again I can show that this is an issue with the install. 

All I want is the NAME OF THE FILES and the place they go that this new functionality is a part of.  So I can take the 2.0 download and take those specific files and drop them on top of my build.  So that those files with this functionality can be replaced and the one that is not working can be replaced. 

Why doesn't anyone know that? 
« Last Edit: February 10, 2015, 11:42:57 AM by thedarksyde »

Offline llegrand

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 10, 2015, 11:48:12 AM »
Sorry that I have not been able to assist you properly.   If I had the files answer for you,  I would tell,  but I don't.

I am not an admin,  I am just another user that often has the answer to how to do things based on my long-term use of the cart.
So I will not bother to try an assist you any further -  And thanks for the Smite -  so nice to be "rewarded" for attempting to understand your issue and help you fix it.  Even the Admin suggestion didn't fix you and they know about the file structure.

I wonder if you have tried a fresh install yet, and have the same issue?  You seem to be the only one with this issue.

Best of luck in finding your resolve though.   

Offline thedarksyde

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 10, 2015, 12:01:47 PM »
Sorry that I have not been able to assist you properly.   If I had the files answer for you,  I would tell,  but I don't.

I am not an admin,  I am just another user that often has the answer to how to do things based on my long-term use of the cart.
So I will not bother to try an assist you any further -  And thanks for the Smite -  so nice to be "rewarded" for attempting to understand your issue and help you fix it.  Even the Admin suggestion didn't fix you and they know about the file structure.

I wonder if you have tried a fresh install yet, and have the same issue?  You seem to be the only one with this issue.

Best of luck in finding your resolve though.

Yes I have tried to make another install and it doesn't find my second database.  I have tried to multiple times and I can not get that to work.  So I am trying the file route next, which is what I am asking for. 

Every file that is part of this out of stock change, including images.  Or some way to find those files, so that I can apply them over the current file system and find which file is breaking this issue, which is a huge issue.   This is such a good thing for everyone.  Your items staying up so google can find them, but also indicate to customers that it is out of stock so that they do not get to their cart to find out it is out of stock, is huge.  I really want to fix this, so I will be updating this post weekly until I get the answer I need.  I am also reaching out to php developers but everyone says without someone that built it answering they will not be able to find the files without significant costs in the thousands.
« Last Edit: February 10, 2015, 12:16:53 PM by thedarksyde »

Offline cgpalana

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 11, 2015, 10:17:38 AM »
Hi, just a reminder latest AbanteCart 1.2 is using a Default View, there are lots of changes made in tpl files and also updates in stylesheet. If you encountered layout problem not the same with the latest layout, check again it maybe because you are using default_html5 view and changes from default view will not be overridden. Compare files from default to whatever view you are using, especially in product pages.

Offline thedarksyde

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 11, 2015, 11:17:10 AM »
So this was the issue. 

I don't understand why these updates didn't go to the HTML5 template as well.  The HTML5 template I think is far better looking than the default template and far more user friendly.  I think both templates should be updated at the same time.

Offline llegrand

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 11, 2015, 06:48:22 PM »
At the risk of "falling short" of your expectations - let me explain the missing information you are not taking into account.

On AbanteCart Version PRIOR to 1.2.0   the storefront that you like was named default_html5  when it was introduced.   It replaced a much earlier template called default.   The first default template is very out-dated and not well support in the high 1.1. xx versions.

When the version 1.2.0 was released with a lot of behind coding updated to more current versions,  the highly preferred default_html5 was renamed for use in version 1.2.0 and forward to just default. 

That means all the refereneces to the template you like has a different name depending on which version you are using.

Prior to version1.2.0  the name is default_html5,   from 1.2.0 forward it is called default.

this has been explained on the forum previously.  And it is a detail that is most important.   But that is why you can't just pluck a file from 1.2.0  and place it in a 1.1.9 cart -  as the name for the template has changed.   So there really aren't two 'different' templates,  but the same template with two different names depending on the version.

I hope this helps you clarify some of your confusion.  And doesn't earn me another smite from you :) .   

Offline thedarksyde

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 12, 2015, 09:41:51 AM »
I am not quite sure what you are saying.  It sounds like you are saying that html5, and default are the same if you have upgraded to 1.2.0?  However I set up my home page for both, the same, and default looks really bad compared to html5, so they can not be the same so I do not quite understand what you mean. 

Attached are the two different layouts.  Named correctly.

HTML5 1.2.0

Default 1.2.0

Offline thedarksyde

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 12, 2015, 09:54:01 AM »
Couple of issues, if HTML5 was the most used template before 1.2.0 then expecting people to switch templates and attempt to fit into a new template is not something most users will want to do, nor do customers like.  Changes to page layout is one of the biggest reasons for higher bounce rates.  For fledgling businesses this is not good for them.   

Default is obviously not programmed correctly to handle more than one row of categories.   

Default is not the same set up as HTML5 and there is no clone option nor is there an option to view both at the same time.   Just to get my default layout to look like that took me like 20 minutes just for the home page going back and forth making sure they were the same, and that doesn't address all the size widths that I haven't updated yet.  Forcing change on users is not something they will like, nor obviously understand.  Never anywhere in the upgrade is it explained clearly enough that for me to use 1.2.0 properly, I have have to spend many hours retrofitting a new template.   

So based on how much I like HTML5 and how much work it will be to change to default.  I will not be changing to default any time soon, I might slowly make the change, but it seems like a lot of work for something that I see as a lesser product.

However there is something I want, and I do not know how to do it.  I would like on the page shown and all muti product pages to show the Out of stock button like on this page.   http://demo.abantecart.com/index.php?rt=product/category&path=43_45  I got it on the product page, but not the muti product pages, does anyone know how to do that? 
« Last Edit: February 12, 2015, 10:01:00 AM by thedarksyde »

Offline thedarksyde

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 12, 2015, 12:17:08 PM »
Here is the image of a product page with multiple rows for categories.  So I obviously can not use default until these issues are fixed.