Author Topic: ACTIVe SEARCH ENGINE  (Read 5520 times)

Offline eccodeko

• View Profile
ACTIVe SEARCH ENGINE
« on: September 07, 2012, 11:29:47 AM »
i'm a little confuse, how to activate search engine friendly or  the web can indexed in the search engines ;D

Offline Nimitz1061

• No matter where you go, there you are...
    • View Profile
Re: ACTIVe SEARCH ENGINE
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2012, 12:08:06 PM »
Well, first, all pages generated by Abantecart can be indexed whether "seo friendly" urls are used or not unless blocked by robots.txt or some header element respected by whatever bot is in question.   Be aware that if mod_rewrite should fail for any reason uses will have trouble reaching such URL's, and that using this feature WILL increase the probability of a mod_rewrite failure to some degree.  This may also screw with canonical URL management, leading to problems with consistent indexing and other SEO nastiness.

If you still feel the need to screw with the consistency of the URL's, goto Admin -> System -> Settings -> System menu and look for the Use SEO URL's: configuration item there.

David

Offline Amarbir

• View Profile
Re: ACTIVe SEARCH ENGINE
« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2013, 05:05:20 AM »
Well, first, all pages generated by Abantecart can be indexed whether "seo friendly" urls are used or not unless blocked by robots.txt or some header element respected by whatever bot is in question.   Be aware that if mod_rewrite should fail for any reason uses will have trouble reaching such URL's, and that using this feature WILL increase the probability of a mod_rewrite failure to some degree.  This may also screw with canonical URL management, leading to problems with consistent indexing and other SEO nastiness.

If you still feel the need to screw with the consistency of the URL's, goto Admin -> System -> Settings -> System menu and look for the Use SEO URL's: configuration item there.

David

David  ,
 I Created a new domain and installed this cart in there .Searching mrdealerstore on google leads me nowhere .How the hell are search engines indexing this script ? .i cannot seem to see that happening even with seo on or off damn . :D