Please help us to make AbanteCart Ideal Open Source Ecommerce Solution for everyone.

Support AbanteCart eCommerce

Author Topic: Inquiry about .png alpha channel usage  (Read 5228 times)

Offline furiousfurryfox

• View Profile
Inquiry about .png alpha channel usage
« on: November 06, 2014, 10:57:58 AM »
Hi guys, I was wondering which image settings make use of .png alpha channels as it seems to be mostly ignored? Tried with category logos, product images, banner slider image and some other images that reside in the resources folder as .png files but they don't make use of the alpha? Thanks!

yonghan

Re: Inquiry about .png alpha channel usage
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2014, 11:53:51 AM »
Hi,seems you need to edit css and add rgba.You can search about rgba on google. This is one of what i've found.

http://css-tricks.com/tinted-images-multiple-backgrounds/

Hope it helps.

Offline furiousfurryfox

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2014, 01:30:51 PM »
Hi handoyo, thanks for replying but I am referring to masking using the alpha channel of a .png file, which is different from using rgba to affect the opacity of the image as a whole. Plus with css I am only aware of the webkit solution which doesn't work with all browsers.

The e-commerce software I was previously using had a global toggle whereby if a .png file was being used, its alpha channel would be applied. I think I mistakenly assumed this would always be the case with .png, and am now looking to find out where I can use this in AbanteCart.

For example this works in AbanteCart with the store logo, but not catalog catagories images.
« Last Edit: November 06, 2014, 01:39:00 PM by furiousfurryfox »

yonghan

« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2014, 01:45:51 PM »
Ah,sorry for the wrong answer,you're correct about webkit solution doesn't work on all browsers especially older ie version.You can take a look on the css how does abantecart handle the store logo,meanwhile i'll see if i found a quick solution. :)

Offline furiousfurryfox

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 06, 2014, 03:13:32 PM »
I feel really silly right now but I guess it's probably because I've been at it for hours and my brain started to shut down.

Yes the alpha channel on .png files work, I'd just forgotten to remove / disable #FFF from background in the various image css locations.

Sorry for the trouble!!

yonghan

« Reply #5 on: November 06, 2014, 07:49:07 PM »
It's ok.Glad that it works now.  :)