Author Topic: Customer Groups  (Read 7767 times)

Offline names

• View Profile
    • Allcrests.com-Where old ways meet new age
Customer Groups
« on: November 12, 2014, 06:28:28 PM »
Just getting my feet wet,

Is there a way to set a Category for/to a specific customer group?

Thanks you for your time..
Our business in life is not to get ahead of other people, but to get ahead of ourselves.

Offline llegrand

• View Profile
Re: Customer Groups
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2014, 06:56:47 PM »
Welcome to this board and Abantecart - 

There is no direct way to do this within one cart to the best of my knowledge.   However,  you could investigate the multi-store setup   as a way to segregate customers to certain categories.    This runs off one database,  and one admin panel,  but each store has a unique subdomain location of the main domain  OR you can have totally unique domains names.  You cannot just do different dirs within the main domain.

But each store can be set to show it's own categories,  own products,  own pricing.

Lee

Offline names

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2014, 07:34:57 PM »
Understood. Thank you for your time. One more question please?
The discount for customer group works fairly well?
Well enough to have a fairly usable Wholesale/Retail shop all in one setup?
Just want to make sure before Import too much :)

Thanks!!
Our business in life is not to get ahead of other people, but to get ahead of ourselves.

Offline llegrand

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2014, 08:08:03 PM »
Yes,  but let me expanded a bit more on the "discount" part as I want to be sure you're understanding how it works in the two store setup

retail store - item 1 sells for 10.00  this is a line entry in the database
wholesale store -  item 1 sells for 6.00,  this is a line entry in the database.  - admin keys in the prices for each store

When you have multi-store setup -  there is a list of stores (like the categories)  Admin selects which stores the item is displayed in, and then in each store the pricing/ shipping/ payments/ etc is set for the specific store

Here's the docs on it

http://www.abantecart.com/ecommerce-documentation/71-admin-user-manual/system/multistore-set-up

Offline names

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 14, 2014, 12:46:24 PM »
This is a great feature- Multi-store config is a breeze, But, Question...

In order to have a product with 2 prices, I cant figure out how to modify product price for 2nd store?

Or do I need to DUPLICATE product, then change price, then enable for 2nd store ?

Thanks!!

Offline llegrand

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 14, 2014, 01:06:57 PM »
on the product page -  you should see both stores listed in the Stores  boxes -  default is your original store - the other box - whatever you named it.

If you want to change anything on the wholesale store - make the change and have ONLY the wholesale store box checked.  The Database will only change the entry as directed by the checkbox for stores.

Offline names

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 14, 2014, 03:10:30 PM »
I have a second store setup and working.

Under system : settings: I do have this Changing store function....

However there is NOT a button , dropdown , or anything else I can find on the products page ??

Offline llegrand

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 14, 2014, 04:28:35 PM »
You're not quite in the right place for managing the products and categories etc across various stores

Open the Product page, and scroll to where the Stores box is - there you will see all stores

Other things like settings etc ,  there is a store selection drop down in the upper right corner  on the by the add button

Offline names

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 14, 2014, 06:04:52 PM »
Yes I am aware of this area, But this only changes whether or not the product is VIEWABLE in the store that is checked?????

As far I can discern this does NOT allow you to save a specific PRICE or any other item in the DATA section of PRODUCT in a specific store.

Again, Changing select boxes in the form you have screenshot of, completely adds, or Removes product from selected store.

Sorry  if I am missing something easy, but I still don't get it......

Offline names

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 20, 2014, 12:13:11 PM »
I am replying one last time just to clarify a resolution to this post, since there are way to many posts that lead to no resolution.

No category select by customer group functionality, use category select by store is ok :)

At current release there is no way to have a different price on a product for a different store.

The way to handle this is to DUPLICATE the product, then reprice it and add it to second store.

Hope this helps someone ! :)

Offline Basara

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 21, 2014, 04:21:32 AM »
Hello.

For one product you able to assign special price for different customer group. See manual http://www.abantecart.com/ecommerce-documentation/31-admin-user-manual/catalog-menu/products#Promotions%20Tab