Please help us to make AbanteCart Ideal Open Source Ecommerce Solution for everyone.

Support AbanteCart eCommerce

Author Topic: MultiStore Issues - Template Changes  (Read 5276 times)

Offline diggo

• View Profile
MultiStore Issues - Template Changes
« on: November 17, 2014, 12:19:42 PM »
Dear Members,

I have recently installed two further stores using the multi store function. Configuration appears fine, each sub domain is pointing to the original installation / default store and when I type in the new domain/URL the store shows up.

However....

The issue I have is whatever I change in the new stores, whether it be template style or welcome message, it does not show up. Only the original default store shows. So now I have 3 URLs for 3 stores, but only the default store shows.

As I understand it, when you create multi stores you should be able to configure the appearance of each store. For some reason I am unable to.

Have I missed something simple when configuring the new multi stores?

Thanks in advance for your assistance

Offline names

• View Profile
    • Allcrests.com-Where old ways meet new age
Re: MultiStore Issues - Template Changes
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2014, 12:03:27 PM »
I think I have this figured out,

In order to effect change to a secondary store, you must apply a DIFFERENT template to that store, then use LAYOUT section to change that template.

I am not sure about your install, but mine does not list the Default_html5 as an installed template, so it made this VERY confusing. The lack of documentaion did not help, but I digress.....

First read this post      http://forum.abantecart.com/index.php/topic,1340.0.html

Follow it excactly,  name your new template for your new store, then make changes to template, and APPLY it to new store,  done....

I am still having issues with some content NOT holding per store settings, but overall a very usable setup.

Hope this helps someone ! It would have saved me a day ! ;D
Our business in life is not to get ahead of other people, but to get ahead of ourselves.

Offline abantecart

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Ideal Open Source Ecommerce Solution
Re: MultiStore Issues - Template Changes
« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2014, 06:43:19 PM »
Thank you names.

You are correct.
Each store needs to have it's own template if you need to have control over layout. Otherwise, default template and layout will be used.

In the future, we will have template and layout cloning. Working on it. Not enough hands:(
Please  rate your experience or leave your review
We need your help to build better free open source ecommerce platform for everyone. See how you can help