Author Topic: Guest order linked to wrong customer account  (Read 6771 times)

Offline cibalibeb

• View Profile
Guest order linked to wrong customer account
« on: December 08, 2014, 11:31:33 PM »
My abantecart install has been running just fine for 7 months now, out of the blue the last 3 days I have had customers place an order and choose guest checkout upon completing guest checkout I receive a copy of the email showing their name/address however when I login to my admin control panel and look at "All orders" the customers order # has a different name attached to it, the guest orders are randomly being assigned to existing customer accounts, and the confirmation email is sent to the existing customer email not the Guest order email, see the screenshots for an example.

Customer Tony Balda checked out as a guest however the email was sent to an existing customer "Ki Yoon"

Upon further troubleshooting it appears that the website is leaving customers logged in and when a new customer searches for our page on google and then clicks the link it takes them to our site but has them logged into whomever was the last account to login

Could this be a cache issue?

Offline cgpalana

• View Profile
Re: Guest order linked to wrong customer account
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2014, 11:46:50 AM »
My abantecart install has been running just fine for 7 months now, out of the blue the last 3 days I have had customers place an order and choose guest checkout upon completing guest checkout I receive a copy of the email showing their name/address however when I login to my admin control panel and look at "All orders" the customers order # has a different name attached to it, the guest orders are randomly being assigned to existing customer accounts, and the confirmation email is sent to the existing customer email not the Guest order email, see the screenshots for an example.

Customer Tony Balda checked out as a guest however the email was sent to an existing customer "Ki Yoon"

Upon further troubleshooting it appears that the website is leaving customers logged in and when a new customer searches for our page on google and then clicks the link it takes them to our site but has them logged into whomever was the last account to login

May I know how many customers you have as of the moment? And what version of AbanteCart Cart you are using, also if you have server error logs it would be better so that we can investigate further.

Offline cgpalana

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2014, 11:58:36 AM »

May I know how many customers you have as of the moment? And what version of AbanteCart Cart you are using, also if you have server error logs it would be better so that we can investigate further.

Please send also ticket at algozone.com/tickets.php and provide us access information and the link you think that keeps the customers logged in.
« Last Edit: December 10, 2014, 11:30:54 AM by Basara »

Offline cibalibeb

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2014, 07:21:13 PM »
I have disabled guest checkout and the cache feature of the site and this has fixed the issue for now

Offline abolabo

• core-developer
  • Administrator
  • web for all, all for web!
    • View Profile
    • AbanteCart
« Reply #4 on: December 12, 2014, 09:10:09 AM »
did you import some data via admin (import/export)?
“No one is useless in this world who lightens the burdens of another.”
― Charles Dickens

Offline eCommerce Core

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 12, 2014, 11:21:31 AM »
I have disabled guest checkout and the cache feature of the site and this has fixed the issue for now

This is hardly related to cache as customer details are not cached.

Did you do any changes to the customers or orders table? customer_id field of 0 on orders table will indicate guest order.

I checked the code and it is very unlikely for random customer_id be linked to the order.
“If you’re in the luckiest one per cent of humanity, you owe it to the rest of humanity to think about the other 99 per cent.”
― Warren Buffett

Offline Advisor

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 13, 2014, 10:39:51 PM »

Did you manually edit the database ?