Author Topic: Admin page shows only text fields - no GUI  (Read 11704 times)

Offline MGD4me

• View Profile
Admin page shows only text fields - no GUI
« on: December 15, 2014, 01:53:05 PM »
New to Abantecart, but familiar with PCs, networking, and MySQL.

I downloaded ver 1.2 twice, and can view the demo website with no problems. I have a testbed set up on a Windows PC, with Xampp. I have other database applications running successfully on Xammp, and find it to be a good 'lab' for testing.

After I downloaded the zip file, I opened it with WinZip. All the files unpacked, but I noticed a few of them had an error in writing the 'date', but other than that, the file looked intact.

The demo store runs fine, and looks great! When I try to log in to the admin page, there is no graphical GUI, just a few fields of text to log in. I am able to log in successfully, but again, all I see is a single column of text fields on the left hand side of the screen. I am able to click on some of the labels (topics), and they do seem to accept data, and bring me to another 'screen'. The new screen is also just a text screen, no GUI.

As mentioned above, I tried downloading the program twice, and have 'unzipped' the files at least 4 times now, with the same result. I'm obviously overlooking something pretty basic, but I don't see it. I have used the search function on this site for over an hour, but I cannot find a solution.

Any clues would be appreciated!!  Thanks.
AbanteCart v 1.2
Windows Xampp testbed

Offline abantecart

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Ideal Open Source Ecommerce Solution
Re: Admin page shows only text fields - no GUI
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2014, 03:07:03 PM »
This is strange. Try to clear cache in your browser. If problem still persists, post screenshots or URL
Please  rate your experience or leave your review
We need your help to build better free open source ecommerce platform for everyone. See how you can help

Offline MGD4me

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2014, 03:58:17 PM »
Thanks for the quick reply...

I should have mentioned that I have tried using both Chrome and IE. Both show the same results. I have a attached a snapshot of how the display looks once logged in, as well as the initial admin log in.

Strange, huh??  The demo web site works perfectly, as do my 'other' Xampp test sites. Any further thoughts?

Thanks
AbanteCart v 1.2
Windows Xampp testbed

yonghan

« Reply #3 on: December 15, 2014, 06:40:34 PM »
Hi,can you use firebug for firefox plugin and check in case there are missing style?

Offline MGD4me

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 15, 2014, 06:56:57 PM »
Partial success!!

I discovered that the default .htaccess file was prevent my browser(s) from accessing the admin pages. I have temporarily renamed the file, and now I can see access the Admin functions as I should. But.. (big BUT), does anyone have a correct .htaccess file I can use? I don't want to leave this thing wide open.

Thanks in advance...
AbanteCart v 1.2
Windows Xampp testbed

Offline Basara

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 16, 2014, 01:06:01 AM »
Partial success!!

I discovered that the default .htaccess file was prevent my browser(s) from accessing the admin pages. I have temporarily renamed the file, and now I can see access the Admin functions as I should. But.. (big BUT), does anyone have a correct .htaccess file I can use? I don't want to leave this thing wide open.

Thanks in advance...

Hello. Please contact your hosting provider. On some servers, Apache is configured to ignore some or all directives in .htaccess files.

Offline MGD4me

• View Profile
[Closed] Re: Admin page shows only text fields - no GUI
« Reply #6 on: December 17, 2014, 10:40:55 AM »
Please contact your hosting provider. On some servers, Apache is configured to ignore some or all directives in .htaccess files.

As mentioned in my original post, I am running the web site on my own PC for testing purposes, using Apache, and Xampp. So for now, I can access the admin pages without using a .htaccess file, so we can consider this issue 'Closed'.

Thanks.
AbanteCart v 1.2
Windows Xampp testbed

Offline ykpang

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 20, 2015, 12:08:36 PM »
Hi,

Same problem of not being able to access the admin page.  Commented on the .htaccess and was able to run the index.php program inside admin.  But the problem lies with the index.php in admin folder.  it's jumping back into the storefront folder to run the index.php.  It's running the index.php program in the storefront folder. Not pointing to the correct folder.

header('Location: ../index.php');

Any clues, what should be the correct location?

Partial success!!

Thanks in advance...

Offline eCommerce Core

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 23, 2015, 08:39:47 AM »
Did you do any modifications to .htaccess ?
Make sure your admin directory and sub directories has read/exec permissions for your web server.

“If you’re in the luckiest one per cent of humanity, you owe it to the rest of humanity to think about the other 99 per cent.”
― Warren Buffett

Offline ykpang

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 24, 2015, 10:51:39 AM »
Thanks. Got it working

Didn't pay attention earlier as to how to get onto the admin page/section.  Just need to add the following:  domain.com/index.php?s=xxxx (xxxx = admin section unique key - created during the installation phase).

Apart from a minor problem in the  /core/lib/cache.php glitch on the 1.2.0 install, it's good to go. Just need to remove the 2 '*' symbol on line 51 inside cache.php (as suggested by another member (small fish) and it works for me. 

Problem is now with 1.2.1 'install set' and upgrade 1.2.1 set. Tried an upgrade inside the Admin page using the upgrade extension key, it just kills the 1.2.0 installation. Started a fresh install using 1.2.1 but encountered Table xx_products does not exist which in fact was there in the MySQL database.  Probably will start a new thread on 1.2.1 upgrade and fresh install.

YK