Author Topic: v1.2 modify customer group and newsletter status via admin panel gives error  (Read 5267 times)

yonghan

Hi admin,sorry if I post in the wrong board.Today I'm testing to edit the customer group and newsletter status,when I save it.It gives me this error:

Code: [Select]
2014-12-16 15:41:31 - load error: AbanteCart core v.1.2.0 Error: Could not load model account/customer from E:\xampp\htdocs\ab2\core\engine\controller.php on line 191 in <b>E:\xampp\htdocs\ab2\core\engine\loader.php</b> on line <b>93</b>
Thanks

Offline Basara

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Hello.

We can not replicate this issue on real server. Possibly something your localhost server related

Offline llegrand

• View Profile
Hi  -  well I can replicate it on your demo on abantecart.com  which I assume is on a "real server".
Here's a screenshot of one of the issues - trying to change the newsletter status on the first customer in the demo.

Please take another look.

Offline Basara

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Hi  -  well I can replicate it on your demo on abantecart.com  which I assume is on a "real server".
Here's a screenshot of one of the issues - trying to change the newsletter status on the first customer in the demo.

Please take another look.

Hello, Lee.

Please see message on your screenshot. You have incorrect customer login

Offline llegrand

• View Profile
I see that,  but here's the issue with that on the ADMIN panel,  that was setup by the customer -  and if the Admin is only trying to change the newsletter status on the account,  it is unreasonable to think the ADMIN should change the login information that a customer has setup when they established there account.

If that is the fix to this,  you need to rethink that logic.   What do you expect the customer (account holder) to use when they want to log back into their account?
what they used would no longer work.   And expecting the Admin to send an email to the customers that says "sorry,  we needed to change your account login" is equally unacceptable.

I would hope coders would think these things through a little more completely.   Please re-think the strategy here so an admin can change a status  and NOT mess with the customers login.

Thanks

Offline Basara

• Administrator
    • View Profile
 :)
You see message about incorrect admin due to store setting Require login name: To improve security, require customers to create unique login name instead of using email address as login name. If set to ON, existing customers will be asked to create new login name at the first login. If OFF, login name is set as customer email address..
 Anyway Admin able to use quick save button for Newsletter field.

Offline llegrand

• View Profile
ah,  I forgot about the quick save button -  that is the one for just the field.   Good trick.  I will remember that.

Thanks
Lee