Please help us to make AbanteCart Ideal Open Source Ecommerce Solution for everyone.

Support AbanteCart eCommerce

Author Topic: where did the logo change go?  (Read 7142 times)

Offline llegrand

• View Profile
where did the logo change go?
« on: December 18, 2014, 02:43:40 PM »
Hello,  on versions 1.1.xxxx  logo and other sizing options of display were managed on System > settings > appearance

In Version 1.2.0  I am unable to locate where to change the logo or the sizing options.   Using search for logo it takes me to System > settings > appearance,  but I see no where to add the logo or set the sizes. 

Below is a screen shot from that tab on your demo site.

Lee

Offline caleb

• View Profile
Re: where did the logo change go?
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2014, 04:26:07 PM »
This is the same issue we have been messing with.  There seem to be instructions that show there is something at the System>Settings>Appearance but I don't see anything that says "logo".  Your pictures reflects what we see too.

Offline Basara

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2014, 12:56:55 AM »
Hello,  on versions 1.1.xxxx  logo and other sizing options of display were managed on System > settings > appearance

In Version 1.2.0  I am unable to locate where to change the logo or the sizing options.   Using search for logo it takes me to System > settings > appearance,  but I see no where to add the logo or set the sizes. 

Below is a screen shot from that tab on your demo site.

Lee

Hi. You need to select template to see template appearance settings

Offline llegrand

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2014, 07:48:04 AM »
Thanks,  that does get it open.

I know you'll get the documentation all updated as soon as you can,  it is quite a job with all the new stuff.
Sorry I couldn't get this figured out without asking.

Lee

Offline Basara

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 19, 2014, 08:09:40 AM »
Thank you.
If you have any questions, please feel free to ask

Offline caleb

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 19, 2014, 10:00:02 AM »
Ha!  Yep, so easy.  Thanks for the guidance.  Now back to exploring this shopping cart software more.  While we have quite a few other sites using other shopping carts, this is my first time checking out AbanteCart.  Hopefully the instructions do get updated soon to include little pieces like this that can confuse when you're first starting out.

Offline caleb

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 19, 2014, 11:01:04 AM »
Well, I got it "changed" but the logo does not show up. Cleared cache in cart and browser.  Even went to another browser I have never used on that particular site before. 

I must admit, I have never had a shopping cart be quite this difficult to find and change a simple logo before.  Love all the features and how this cart looks, but this simple thing is ready to make me look elsewhere.

Offline llegrand

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 19, 2014, 12:01:20 PM »
okay,  I just tested on a new install of the latest version and had no issues with it showing up and it was only a couple of clicks to get to do so. So let's work thru your issues,  just to be sure you didn't do what I often do,  you did SAVE the page?   So if you go back to that settings page,  now the logo you upload shows in the Store Logo box? 

Perhaps since you are new to this cart,  the way the resource library works is an issue,  it took be a bit to learn to use it when I started with Abantecart over a year ago. And with this 1.2 version that have changed how the resource file works a bit and I am getting use to it also.

Please keep testing out,  I think you will come to love it.

Lee