Author Topic: constantly being bounced to the admin login screen while in back office  (Read 3944 times)

Offline nigelt

• View Profile
Version 1.2  fresh install....
Go into back office and try to start customising currency etc, (nearly) every time I select something, I'm bounced back to the admin login screen, have to click login, then I'm taken to the page I was working on..
Have uninstalled, reinstalled, cleared cookies, cleared cache... nothing helps !
Confused (and starting to get annoyed !).

Any advice gratefully received..

Offline llegrand

• View Profile
Re: constantly being bounced to the admin login screen while in back office
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2014, 07:53:40 AM »
first check your Control Panel Session Expiration

It is found in System > Settings > System and is the first field - the original setting is 120  (2 hours) .   Seems like it might be set to something shorter.
If that doesn't fix your issue,  please post back for additional help.

Lee

Offline nigelt

• View Profile
Re: constantly being bounced to the admin login screen while in back office
« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2014, 03:52:22 PM »
Thanks for that Lee, checked and its set to 120, which I believe is the default.
I think it MAY be a problem my end.
I've installed Abantecart to another domain and that seems to be working normally.
The original domain was erroring with Internal Server Error (500) a few days ago, so I've asked the hosting co. if there might still be a problem there somewhere !
I've tried using Fiddler to see what it might be doing, but of course, while its being monitored, it behaves itself !

I'll class this one as a problem my end as I seem to be the only person with this problem.
Cheers for your help though, very grateful.

Database Error

Please try again. If you come back to this error screen, report the error to an administrator.