Author Topic: Prefix for 1.2.0?  (Read 3906 times)

Offline Onima

• View Profile
Prefix for 1.2.0?
« on: December 29, 2014, 06:14:14 PM »
I manually upgraded my site to 1.2.0 from 1.1.9 The automatic upgrade didn't work because of some SQL Dump error so I uploaded the new files into public_html. Now I seem to have to re-setup everything!

I have to give again all the Admin section unique keys, usernames, passwords etc. Is this normal? The thing I'm really wondering about is the 'Table Names Prefix'. It is _abc. In many screenshot it has been _ab or _ac. How am I supposed to know what it was originally??? I've checked the database and I can't see any ***_ prefix in front of  the data.
« Last Edit: December 29, 2014, 06:17:06 PM by Onima »

Offline abantecart

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Ideal Open Source Ecommerce Solution
Re: Prefix for 1.2.0?
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2014, 04:06:23 PM »
You can tell by looking at the database tables. If you see "orders" table for examples, no prefix is used. Anything in the beginning of the table name will be prefix.

if your tables do not start with any prefix, do not use any prefix in configuration file setting. 
Please  rate your experience or leave your review
We need your help to build better free open source ecommerce platform for everyone. See how you can help

Offline Onima

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2014, 06:31:54 PM »
I've got no prefix then.

I made a mistake and replaced all files in public_html with the files in the 1.2.0 update. I didn't realize that there was a separate upgrade package. I haven't got a backup.

How should I continue from here? Is there any way to get my site to work again? Can I install abantecart 1.2.0 again over 1.9.6 without messing the whole database?

Offline abantecart

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Ideal Open Source Ecommerce Solution
« Reply #3 on: December 31, 2014, 09:06:08 AM »
You can replace all files (except images/downloads/system) and apply database upgrade script manually.
Please  rate your experience or leave your review
We need your help to build better free open source ecommerce platform for everyone. See how you can help