Author Topic: editor changes in v 1.2  (Read 5305 times)

Offline llegrand

• View Profile
editor changes in v 1.2
« on: December 30, 2014, 12:39:30 AM »
There are some changes in the editor functions in v 1.2  that I use:
1. when adding a graphic into the description box of the product (not the media tab)   there is no browser server link to the resource library.

2. Alignment  for left, right justification or centering is no longer an option.

These just oversights?  or there is some reason why they are missing?

Lee

Offline abantecart

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Ideal Open Source Ecommerce Solution
Re: editor changes in v 1.2
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2014, 04:01:47 PM »
I assume you refer to ckeditor. Yes this feature was removed due to small incompatibility in new ckeditor version.

We can comeback to this later 
Please  rate your experience or leave your review
We need your help to build better free open source ecommerce platform for everyone. See how you can help

Offline llegrand

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2014, 10:33:43 AM »
That seems like an unfortunate result.   

So what hints for ease of adding graphics from the resource library and formatting presentations within the Send Mail for the newsletter part can you suggest.  Since there is no direct upload except via resource within the admin panel, and no easy way to get a url for the editor - I can only come up with ways that are quite cumbersome.  Any solutions that you can suggest would be appreciated.

Thanks
Lee

Offline llegrand

• View Profile
Re: editor changes in v 1.2 (when might this be updated?)
« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2015, 10:50:50 AM »
You have any idea when "later" might be?

In addition to the two things I asked about,  the font selection and the font size is also missing.  Just have the headings for size.

One can write out there text in Word and copy and paste,  to get the effects one wants (not every user is HTML knowledgeable) But it is a hassle.

Lee

Offline Carm

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2015, 04:51:37 AM »
I've just realised I can't use the CKeditor for changing the background colour of the banner slider. My HTML knowledge isn't great, have learnt enough to be able to change font colours & background colours on AbanteCart, thanks to people like Lee who are way more knowledgeable than I can ever hope to be. Does this mean I can't be lazy & edit the default banners and have to create my own in my Libre Office? Can you hear my scream of terror from Australia? Does anyone have a way of editing the background colour on the banner? I am not a fan of the blue, but can put up with it for a while. I've looked in the css in cpanel but can't find anything that matches background colour with main banner.
Sorry to hijack your thread Lee.

yonghan

« Reply #5 on: January 18, 2015, 09:37:06 AM »
Hi Carm, hope you would create a new thread for your question. I will try to answer here, please check the onebyone.CSS, and you can use firefox Firebug plugin to check the CSS location, here is a nice link on how to use Firebug.

https://thethemefoundry.com/tutorials/make-style-changes-with-firebug-or-web-inspector/

Hope it helps.

Offline Carm

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 18, 2015, 03:42:38 PM »
Thanks handoyo, it did help. I was using Firebug but not finding what I needed, sure found it easily after a good night's sleep.  :)
Also, I didn't originally intend to hijack the thread. I started out having a moan about the ckeditor having less helpful features now & got carried away. Am suitably chastised by handoyo though.  ;D