Author Topic: Unable to enter all admin login info, v1.2.0  (Read 5003 times)

Offline johca

• View Profile
Unable to enter all admin login info, v1.2.0
« on: January 06, 2015, 09:57:48 PM »
Did new fresh install of Abantecart using Softaculous    method and also FTP install method.  The Abantecart Administration log in page does not give option to enter user name (the presumed area for doing so appears as a small unable to enter text square).  The second text area does allow text to be entered.  Unfortunately the login effort only results in "No match for Username and/or Password."

Attached is screen capture of the administration log in.

My in ignorance guess is perhaps PHP config  (Data Handling register_globals -on, should be off) and perhaps PHP being older version 4.0.10.7.  If so, that fix requires me contacting contact the Hosting Server admin to correct this.  It may also be a glitch in the code to, so any corrective fix ideas would be helpful.

Offline llegrand

• View Profile
Re: Unable to enter all admin login info, v1.2.0
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2015, 09:25:58 AM »
So try reading these instructions on the system requirements -  then get your hosted account in sync with the minimum requirement and try a fresh install.

http://www.abantecart.com/ecommerce-documentation/user-manual/installation

I think this may solve a great deal of your issues.

Lee

Offline abantecart

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Ideal Open Source Ecommerce Solution
« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2015, 02:18:22 PM »
PHP 4 will not work.

Also, what version of IE do you use. Page looks broken. Note that we do not focus on IE less than 9
Please  rate your experience or leave your review
We need your help to build better free open source ecommerce platform for everyone. See how you can help

Offline johca

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2015, 02:53:18 PM »
I submitted a trouble ticket to my hosted server provider to get PHP version updated and the PHP configuration changed as the server techs are the ones having access to do that.

I am using current IE with all current updates.

Will advise after trouble ticket submitted to my hosted server provider is responded to.

I do appreciate the responses as I was reluctant to submit a trouble ticket without checking here first.

Thanks for the responses.

Offline johca

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2015, 05:45:09 PM »
Resolved.  It was combination of PHP misconfiguration and perhaps a file corruption.  Once Host provider server admin "edited the php.ini file turning register_globals and magic_quotes_gpc off and a reload and reinstall of abantecart was done my problem was resolved.

Offline abantecart

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Ideal Open Source Ecommerce Solution
« Reply #5 on: January 10, 2015, 06:26:21 PM »
Thank you johca for sharing the solution.
Please  rate your experience or leave your review
We need your help to build better free open source ecommerce platform for everyone. See how you can help