Author Topic: Store showing random customer info to everyone  (Read 9210 times)

Offline lostmytophat

• View Profile
Re: Store showing random customer info to everyone
« Reply #15 on: January 15, 2015, 01:59:57 PM »
I have an update. To see if I could troubleshoot this some on my own, maybe find the point of failure, I installed a fresh version of AbanteCart and went about building the store as I did before, checking the front end every few steps to see if the scripts I mentioned before were still working.

I deleted the sample customers, orders, products, categories, and manufacturers, and then created a product. No problems up until that point.

Next, I modified the page layouts for "Default Page Layout", "Home Page", and "Default Product Page", and then uploaded a new version of "style.css" via FileZilla (version 3.9.0.5) and checked those scripts again. They'd failed, just like they had before.

I restored the default version of "style.css" and returned the page layouts to as close to their default appearances as I could remember, but the scrips still did not work.

I did not modify this new test install of AbanteCart in any other ways than those I just described.

Any idea what could be going on?

Offline lostmytophat

• View Profile
Re: Store showing random customer info to everyone
« Reply #16 on: February 23, 2015, 02:31:23 PM »
I finally found out what was causing these script errors. It wasn't anything to with the security breach on my site, it was that I was disabling the background sections in "Layout & Blocks Manager". When I disabled "Footer Top", "Footer Bottom", and "Footer", the errors would occur. Re-enabling them and disabling the blocks inside them instead fixed the problem. I disabled and enabled those background sections a few times over to reproduce it and make sure it was what I thought, and it happened every time. I then narrowed it down further to just the "Footer" block as the source, not "Footer Top" or "Footer Bottom". So it sounds like it's a bug you should look into.

Why it showed up after the breach and not before, I would deduce, was because after the breach I was using a new version of AbanteCart, and before the breach I was using an older version where the "Layout & Blocks Manager" was different than it is now.
« Last Edit: February 23, 2015, 02:36:29 PM by lostmytophat »