Please help us to make AbanteCart Ideal Open Source Ecommerce Solution for everyone.

Support AbanteCart eCommerce

Author Topic: can not Restore backup to a fresh Abantecart instalation  (Read 4971 times)

Offline videomanhattan

• View Profile
can not Restore backup to a fresh Abantecart instalation
« on: February 24, 2015, 06:51:06 AM »
I´m using Abantecart 1.1.9, and made a backup under settings>Backup/Restore and selected "Resource Library Files" only and also tried with "Config.php file. Note: keep backup-archive securely. File will contain "salt" for encrypting." IN both cases i get an *.tar.gz archive (manual_backup_2015-02-24-07-54-21.tar.gz). The i go to system>logs>install/Upgrade History and i download it to my computer. I use 7-Zip to unpack this archive and i get 2 folders named "code" and "data".

Then i go to a new web host server, make a new and fresh instalation of Abantecart 1.1.9 (automatic installation provided by webhosting panel control), and i go to settings>Backup/Restore and try to restore selecting the dump.sql file on my computer, but allways get an error processing my request.

What i only want is be able to restore all products, categories, images, etc.. on a fresh Abantecart installation in case my store stop working any time and restyore froma backup.

What if one day my store does not work anymore for any reason?

What happen with the 100 and 100 of hours needed to setup again all products, categories, images, configurations of shipping, payment, languages, logo, banners, currencie, etc..?

Will i have to do it all again from the begining?

None sim's to work to solve that. I've also tried the impot/export data, but no images, no product names and descriptions are exported (or does not work properly).

After many open source ecommece solutions availables, i found that Abantecart is the most easy and freindly user one, but one important thing is to be able to get an functional backup of our store, because problems always happens, and one day you try to enter your store or your admin store panel and find that it doesn't work anymore, and you lost all your store and all your data and all your work and even you'r loosing every days money because your store is not online anymore, and you will need to start a new store from the begining :(.

Hope there is an easy way to restore my backup in case i need it, otherwise it does not make any sence to have a backup/restore function in the admin panel if using it is an imposible task for many of us.

Sorry all my words, but i've just spend 2 weeks setting up my store and now i fell i've lost my time and hato to look for another ecommerce sollution and start again from the begining.

Thank's for any help you can provide.

Offline Basara

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: can not Restore backup to a fresh Abantecart instalation
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2015, 08:08:04 AM »
Then i go to a new web host server, make a new and fresh instalation of Abantecart 1.1.9 (automatic installation provided by webhosting panel control), and i go to settings>Backup/Restore and try to restore selecting the dump.sql file on my computer, but allways get an error processing my request.

Please check AbanteCart error log and post errors after you get an error processing my request
Also you can export and import all your products and categories with AbanteCart import/export tool http://docs.abantecart.com/pages/tools/import.html
« Last Edit: November 01, 2016, 08:17:46 AM by Basara »

Offline videomanhattan

• View Profile
Re: can not Restore backup to a fresh Abantecart instalation
« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2015, 10:08:03 AM »
Hello,

I´m trying another way to do it. Please can you tell me if this way is possible:

1)I have downloded via ftp the entire "puplic.html" folder with the abantcart 1.1.9 from my old wbehosting server

2) i upload it into my new webhosting server

Now what should i do? Should i have to export and import db via Myphpadmin? Should i have to modify the config.php located in the "system" folder?

Please tell me if it is possible to migrate to a ner server this way or whitch way is the esayest do do that.

Thank you

Offline Basara

• Administrator
    • View Profile