Please help us to make AbanteCart Ideal Open Source Ecommerce Solution for everyone.

Support AbanteCart eCommerce

Author Topic: Broken Links On Storefront  (Read 5191 times)

Offline handbags

• View Profile
Broken Links On Storefront
« on: January 08, 2015, 07:25:12 PM »
Hi, new to all of this so please be gentle! I have the beginnings of an AbanteCart shop, installed via softaculous. Unfortunately my (shared) server got a virus, causing some "infected" AbanteCart stuff to be deleted by the host...

I had taken a backup, manually, by copying the entire AbanteCart folder to my local storage via FTP. In the end, because I couldn't get anything to work after this virus, I deleted the installation of AbanteCart, reinstalled, then over wrote the AbanteCart directory with the offline backup. All admin pages work fine, I can see all my products with images, descriptions etc. and edit or add to them, but the storefront links are broken. Pages that are stock and untouched, like the contact page, still work...

The pages that work are all dynamic and are prefixed with index.php? (e.g. index.php?rt=content/contact) the pages that don't work are links to my categories or products which seem to be SEO URLs such as storeurl/category - seo urls is disabled in the admin panel and .txt remains on the end of the .htaccess file. Enabling seo urls and removing the .txt extension from .htaccess doesn't help, whichever way round I try the product links don't work.

On the storefront homepage I can still see the featured and recently added products with all relevant info too. When I click on them though, I get “The requested URL /index.php was not found on this server. Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an Error Document to handle the request.” Can someone help? *total newb*

Thanks in advance!

Offline abantecart

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Ideal Open Source Ecommerce Solution
Re: Broken Links On Storefront
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2015, 03:14:38 PM »
What is in your main .htaccess file
Did you install abantecart ot sub-directory?
Please  rate your experience or leave your review
We need your help to build better free open source ecommerce platform for everyone. See how you can help

Offline handbags

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2015, 07:03:58 AM »
Hi, yes for now the whole thing is in a subdirectory /AbanteCart/

In the main .htaccess there are only redirects from one domain to another (i have more than one domain pointing at the same hosting package). This was never an issue before...

Offline abantecart

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Ideal Open Source Ecommerce Solution
« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2015, 06:20:47 PM »
Make sure you have

RewriteBase /AbanteCart/

Please  rate your experience or leave your review
We need your help to build better free open source ecommerce platform for everyone. See how you can help

Offline handbags

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 13, 2015, 06:19:59 AM »
Hi

Sorry not great at htaccess, do you just want me to add the line exactly as you're written it?

i was mistaken before, the subdirectory is AbanteCart, not Abantecart, at present i have added "RewriteBase /AbanteCart/" to the .htaccess file in the root directory but i still get 404 not found when clicking on products or categories.

I have seo urls disabled so shouldn't that mean that any link i click on should be in the format domain/index.php?.......

That is not the case for me and i'm wondering whether this is the cause of my issue? enabling seo urls in AbanteCart makes no difference. HELP!

Offline Basara

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 13, 2015, 07:33:53 AM »
Hi

Sorry not great at htaccess, do you just want me to add the line exactly as you're written it?

i was mistaken before, the subdirectory is AbanteCart, not Abantecart, at present i have added "RewriteBase /AbanteCart/" to the .htaccess file in the root directory but i still get 404 not found when clicking on products or categories.

try lower case letters in htaccess and subfolder name

Offline handbags

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 14, 2015, 02:48:02 PM »
still not working :(

I have seo urls disabled so shouldn't that mean that any link i click on should be in the format domain/index.php?.......