Author Topic: Admin login  (Read 9663 times)

Offline artwalls

• View Profile
Admin login
« on: January 17, 2015, 12:26:56 PM »
Hello Folks, I have not been onto my cpanel for some time, but had my password and login saved.
I am not getting into my cpane with these and when I rty to use the forgot password service, it cant even find my email, this has happened before, and is now becoming a pain, as I want to change things on my site, and cant get in to do so.
Any of you people out there who can help me,,,I would be grateful

Offline llegrand

• View Profile
Re: Admin login
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2015, 02:35:13 PM »
Well let's start by seeing if you are really in the correct place to ask for assistance.

First, if you are trying to access you Cpanel  - that has nothing to do with your Abantecart -  that is between you and your hosting account service.

Now if you are trying to access your admin apanel within Abantecart - the forgot password does work,  but seems you might still have an email issue - or you have used a different email for the Abantecart than you remember.  If you can get into your Cpanel and know how to access your database,  let's us know and we can help you at least get your email set to something you know.

Offline artwalls

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2015, 03:51:04 PM »
Thanks for your reply, I have written it incorrectly I can get access to my cpanel, but I cant get access to my website panel.
I have checked in my SQL and the passwords are correct I even changed them to try and get in but no joy.
so just to confirm. I can get onto my cpanel, but I cant get into my website admin control/dashboard to make changes

Once again Thank you

Offline llegrand

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2015, 05:01:31 PM »
well now that we know we're in the right venue - let's keep working at it.

Since you seem to know your way around a bit -  go into your PhpMyAdmin,  then find the database for your store -  look in the USERS table and check that the email address that you are actually getting email at is what's in that field.  If not you can change it to an address you are receiving.
Next - make note of the user name (or change it if you wish)
Don't worry about the password here -  it's encrypted.

Now go to to the admin longin page and click on the forgot link - using the user name you wrote down -  and the email that you used,  that should get you  back in.

Offline artwalls

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2015, 05:24:29 PM »
Thank you, I shall give that a go

Offline artwalls

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 17, 2015, 05:28:26 PM »
You are a Star, Thank you again, that worked as it should.. ;)