Author Topic: Sub Categories images not aligning  (Read 8515 times)

Offline pramodgsk

• View Profile
Sub Categories images not aligning
« on: February 02, 2015, 03:00:17 PM »
I recently updated from AbanteCart cart version 1.1.9 to 1.2 but I am facing multiple issues.

1 - I had the sub category issue which i resolved by replacing chosen jquery file after that i added 8 sub-category the issue is 1 to 6 sub-category images align perfectly but the 7 & 8 align to the right side. I then changed my sort order of first 3 images to 0 then all the images aligned perfectly.

I think this something to do with the sort order which is creating this issue.

2 - I has the same issue as mentioned by others regarding ACT ON BEHALF i was logged out when i click on any other page in the customer account page. I managed to resolve that issue but a new problem cropped up.

when in ACT ON BEHALF the system sent an email to admin account saying " your account has been activated ...................
you can login and see your account details.......................................
whereas i had ACT ON BEHALF of some other customer. I think this can create confusion if the mail goes to the customer. he may feel his account has been hacked.

Hope you guys will give a look at these issue.
thanks in advance.

Offline Basara

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Sub Categories images not aligning
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2015, 06:32:08 AM »
I recently updated from AbanteCart cart version 1.1.9 to 1.2 but I am facing multiple issues.

1 - I had the sub category issue which i resolved by replacing chosen jquery file after that i added 8 sub-category the issue is 1 to 6 sub-category images align perfectly but the 7 & 8 align to the right side. I then changed my sort order of first 3 images to 0 then all the images aligned perfectly.

I think this something to do with the sort order which is creating this issue.
Please post screenshot

2 - I has the same issue as mentioned by others regarding ACT ON BEHALF i was logged out when i click on any other page in the customer account page. I managed to resolve that issue but a new problem cropped up.

when in ACT ON BEHALF the system sent an email to admin account saying " your account has been activated ...................
you can login and see your account details.......................................
whereas i had ACT ON BEHALF of some other customer. I think this can create confusion if the mail goes to the customer. he may feel his account has been hacked.

We can not replicate this issue can you please post more details. When you click ACT ON BEHALF customer account is approved or waiting for approve? Did you click ACT ON BEHALF from Customers grid or from customer edit page? What is your checkout settings: Approve New Customers, Email Activation for New Customers

Offline pramodgsk

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2015, 06:18:31 PM »
Thanks for a prompt response.

please find attached the screen shots
( the screenshot is of the subcategory i have not checked whether this happens to the main category also as i have only 5 main categories)

image 1 is the unaligned image when i used 1-8 continuous sort order
image 2 is when i changed the sort order to 0,0,1-6
image 3 shows the images align once the sort order is changed.

apart from this when we create sub categories the following functions act differently ( only with the newly created sub categories not with the ones created in 1.1.9)

1 image alignment
2 ajax add to cart
3 the image enlarge on mouse over

hope i have supplied sufficient details.

==========================================================================
let me elaborate the sequential steps.
1 - I tried act on behalf on one of the test customer it worked as it should and redirected to the account page.
2 - When i try any other page from there i am just logged out.
3 - To check whether it was a act on behalf issue or code issue i created another dummy account with TEST as name place and abcd-at-abc.com as email id. I could successfully log in and go to any page without any issue.
4 - keeping the TEST account logged in i clicked "act on behalf" on my account just to see if the issue is resolved but as the IP were same i was redirected on the TEST customer page. till here i think everything is fine

subsequently when i was checking my mail I saw the system has sent me an activation mail which is just not logical and above all how come my email account was mixed with the Test account dummy email id

This is kind of a serious issue and should be addressed cos if someone checks 2 customer accounts it may create confusion if the customer gets a unsolicited mail.

Thanks.

Offline Basara

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2015, 01:42:11 AM »
Thanks for a prompt response.

please find attached the screen shots
Hi. Thank you. Issue confirmed anr reported to AbanteCart bug tracker https://github.com/abantecart/abantecart-src/issues/72

==========================================================================

let me elaborate the sequential steps.
1 - I tried act on behalf on one of the test customer it worked as it should and redirected to the account page.
2 - When i try any other page from there i am just logged out.
3 - To check whether it was a act on behalf issue or code issue i created another dummy account with TEST as name place and abcd-at-abc.com as email id. I could successfully log in and go to any page without any issue.
4 - keeping the TEST account logged in i clicked "act on behalf" on my account just to see if the issue is resolved but as the IP were same i was redirected on the TEST customer page. till here i think everything is fine

subsequently when i was checking my mail I saw the system has sent me an activation mail which is just not logical and above all how come my email account was mixed with the Test account dummy email id

This is kind of a serious issue and should be addressed cos if someone checks 2 customer accounts it may create confusion if the customer gets a unsolicited mail.

Thanks.

About act on behalf issue. Still not replicable on my side.
pramodgsk, Can you please answer next questions:
1. Do you have SSL enabled and configured correctly?
2. When you say "system has sent me an activation mail" - Did you mean system sent activation email to store owner email or customer email?
3. Please  :) answer questions from previous post: Go to Admin-System-Setting-Checkout Tab and post your settings status (on/off) for Approve New Customers and Email Activation for New Customers

Thank You for your help

Offline pramodgsk

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2015, 05:03:25 PM »
1. Do you have SSL enabled and configured correctly?
2. When you say "system has sent me an activation mail" - Did you mean system sent activation email to store owner email or customer email?
3. Please  :) answer questions from previous post: Go to Admin-System-Setting-Checkout Tab and post your settings status (on/off) for Approve New Customers and Email Activation for New Customers

Thank You for your help

1 - If you meant https i dont use SSL and if you meant mail SMTP settings My mail is properly configured and i am receiving all the mails as of 1.1.9 version i have not tested post update 1.2.0 update.

2 - What I meant about system sent mail is AbanteCart admin auto generated mail. The mail I received was not for approval instead it was a account activation confirmation mail.

3 - both settings status (on/off) for Approve New Customers and Email Activation for New Customers are OFF mode.

I can understand it is very difficult to replicate such instances as it could be due to multiple variables and settings but please try the steps as mentioned in my 1st post cos thats what i exactly did when i received the mail.

1 - create a new test account with invalid email-id [abc-at-abc.com] while you are logged in admin panel.
2 - without logging out of the test account try to "act on behalf" any account for which you have mail access.
3 - check for the activation email.

logically since the test account has a invalid mail-id it should try to send the activation mail only to that account and not mix up with the act on behalf account email-id. How did the test account send mail to the "act on behalf" account.

If this is a code error then if an admin tries to act on behalf of any new account and clicks on any other old customer account the latter may receive a activation mail which can create confusion.

Please look into this issue cos most of the admins will never know this issue unless they have access to the mail.

Hope i have supplied sufficient details please let me know if any further info required.

Thanks in advance,
Regards,

Offline pramodgsk

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 06, 2015, 10:35:04 PM »
hope the issue has been identified. I am eagerly awaiting your response.
More than anything else I have personally tested different e commerce platforms and found AbanteCart CART as the best out of all in terms of MVC structure, its simplicity yet secure.

Hope you will look into my issue and come out with a solution.

regards

Offline eCommerce Core

• Administrator
    • View Profile
“If you’re in the luckiest one per cent of humanity, you owe it to the rest of humanity to think about the other 99 per cent.”
― Warren Buffett

Offline pramodgsk

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 09, 2015, 10:27:21 PM »
Thanks for your fix.
I am really honored, please also look into the mail issue as per my post cos that is a bigger issue which needs your attention.

please let me know whether the mail issue was replicated at your end.

thanks,
regards.

Offline Basara

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 10, 2015, 01:06:42 AM »
Thanks for your fix.
I am really honored, please also look into the mail issue as per my post cos that is a bigger issue which needs your attention.

please let me know whether the mail issue was replicated at your end.

thanks,
regards.

We can not replicate mail issue. Please help us - if possible please PM access to eCommerce Core (he is Administrator)