Please help us to make AbanteCart Ideal Open Source Ecommerce Solution for everyone.

Support AbanteCart eCommerce

Author Topic: can i add more option  (Read 3726 times)

Offline oliver

• View Profile
can i add more option
« on: January 30, 2015, 03:42:26 PM »

hello ,

I have yesterday talking with one of my friends and he asking me if he can sell also shoes on my board i sayd at first yes but after i realize that i need some option on my board for the customers to sell the shoes
but i don't no if this posible to add 2 option to the add to cart
first option when some customer choose to buy shoes is the size of the shoes and the second option is the color

is this posible to add 2 more option to the "add to cart" when customers buys the shoes ?

like example on the pic i attached ?

Offline abolabo

• core-developer
  • Administrator
  • web for all, all for web!
    • View Profile
    • AbanteCart
Re: can i add more option
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2015, 03:58:32 PM »
you should to create global attribute, for ex. with name "size-color". Then create new attribute "color" and set "size-color" as parent. The same with sub-attribute "size". Do not forget to add all variants of colors and sizes of that attributes.
Then go to product option and create new product option based on "size-color". After that you can to set all cross variants of values.

Try to search details in forum too.
“No one is useless in this world who lightens the burdens of another.”
― Charles Dickens

Offline oliver

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2015, 04:57:54 PM »
thank you @abolabo
that was a really quick help :)

Offline Basara

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2015, 05:46:43 AM »
you should to create global attribute, for ex. with name "size-color". Then create new attribute "color" and set "size-color" as parent. The same with sub-attribute "size". Do not forget to add all variants of colors and sizes of that attributes.
Then go to product option and create new product option based on "size-color". After that you can to set all cross variants of values.

Try to search details in forum too.
Short manual Create attribute Color&size http://www.abantecart.com/ecommerce-documentation/user-manual/admin-user-manual/catalog-menu/global-attributes#ParentChildAttributes

Offline oliver

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 07, 2015, 09:18:36 PM »
thank you @Basara