Please help us to make AbanteCart Ideal Open Source Ecommerce Solution for everyone.

Support AbanteCart eCommerce

Author Topic: There has been a critical error processing your request  (Read 14856 times)

Offline artist3412

• View Profile
    • In The Wind Creations
There has been a critical error processing your request
« on: February 04, 2015, 07:21:13 PM »
I tried to upgrade from 1.1.9 to 1.2 and received this:"There has been a critical error processing your request."
now I cannot log into my admin and this error shows instead of my page.

Here is what I found in my error logs
[Wed Feb 04 13:50:03 2015] [error] [client 173.9.234.218] File does not exist: /home/artist34/public_html/404.shtml
[Wed Feb 04 13:50:03 2015] [error] [client 173.9.234.218] File does not exist: /home/artist34/public_html/favicon.ico

I am finding the file favicon.ico, but not the 404.shtml

Please help.
To send light into the darkness of men's hearts - such is the duty of the artist.  ~Schumann

Offline Basara

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Last Edit: November 01, 2016, 08:23:35 AM by Basara »

Offline artist3412

• View Profile
    • In The Wind Creations
Re: There has been a critical error processing your request
« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2015, 10:07:28 AM »
I did the download of the upgrade file, however it does not  open properly. I only see symbols etc in the file, like its not "reading" it. I am sorry, I should not have attempted the upgrade, We just lost our 18 year old in a car accident and I may not be thinking clearly on how to do this.
To send light into the darkness of men's hearts - such is the duty of the artist.  ~Schumann

Offline artist3412

• View Profile
    • In The Wind Creations
« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2015, 02:16:28 PM »
Okay, I found a couple of issues with how my files were opening, I have it fixed now and am doing the manual upgrade. I am a bit confused however on what I am to change the ac_ to. Again, I am sorry for asking.

Offline llegrand

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 07, 2015, 03:18:56 PM »
The ac_ is a database prefix,  you  can use ac_ or something else (keep it short)  or nothing.  It is appended to the front of a database table
e.g   you have a table called 'users'   if you have a prefix of 'ac_'   the table will be titled 'ac_users'.

This is most important if you have several different applications on the same domain and you have tables with the same name (highly probably) and you want  a way to segregate them.   If you only have AbanteCart database -  it's isn't important.

Hope this helps clarify for you.

Lee

Offline artist3412

• View Profile
    • In The Wind Creations
« Reply #5 on: February 13, 2015, 04:46:27 PM »
I have done the manual upgrade  and upgraded sql. My website still shows this error when trying to access it. (see attached). I really do not want to have to build it all over again. It has been up for a long time and It would take a extremely long time to redo it. Please if anyone has a suggestion, please advise.

Offline llegrand

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 13, 2015, 06:08:54 PM »
Can you login to your admin panel?

Assuming you can access your admin panel -
did you change the directory where your cart is installed?   If so,  did you update the system for the correct location.

Check your .htaccess file to be sure your rewrites are correct for your site location.

Not knowing your setup, I am just asking about places that have to correct for the site to open.

Offline artist3412

• View Profile
    • In The Wind Creations
« Reply #7 on: February 13, 2015, 06:21:38 PM »
I originally did the upgrade from the admin panel. I simply clicked the link in my messages like always. Then everything went to that error and I can no longer get onto my admin, it shows same as my website page does (See above attachment)

Offline artist3412

• View Profile
    • In The Wind Creations
« Reply #8 on: February 16, 2015, 11:20:29 AM »
At this point, I have manually upgraded every file and have done my sql upgrade (replacing with correct prefix). I do not know what else to do. If any of the admins could take a look for me before I delete everything and build a completely new site, I would appreciate it.

Offline eCommerce Core

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 17, 2015, 08:32:28 AM »
Are you sure you do not get any other errors in the log? Check your web server log as well.

In order to fix this, you need to fins the error in the logs.

“If you’re in the luckiest one per cent of humanity, you owe it to the rest of humanity to think about the other 99 per cent.”
― Warren Buffett

Offline artist3412

• View Profile
    • In The Wind Creations
« Reply #10 on: February 17, 2015, 08:51:32 AM »
I only have one error log that I can check, that is on the Cpanel. I am pretty sure it has something to do with a file permission, but all of my ht access files and index.php files are 644. Since (as in the above attachment) it shows abantecart in the error, I am hoping the admins will know where this particular error page comes from.

Offline Basara

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 18, 2015, 08:08:58 AM »
In case you can not access admin you can locate AbanteCart error log directly in the file /system/logs/error.txt

Offline artist3412

• View Profile
    • In The Wind Creations
« Reply #12 on: February 18, 2015, 10:21:07 AM »
Thank you. Here is the error on the error log from that file:

Error No: 1054<br />SELECT p.page_id, controller, key_param, key_value, p.date_added, p.date_modified FROM ab_pages p LEFT JOIN ab_pages_layouts pl ON pl.page_id = p.page_id LEFT JOIN ab_layouts l ON l.layout_id = pl.layout_id WHERE controller = 'pages/index/home' ORDER BY key_param DESC, key_value DESC, p.page_id ASC in <b>/home/artist34/public_html/AbanteCart/core/database/mysql.php</b> on line <b>114</b>

Offline artist3412

• View Profile
    • In The Wind Creations
« Reply #13 on: February 18, 2015, 12:05:43 PM »
I also tried running my sql update again and this is what I get (see attached)

yonghan

« Reply #14 on: February 22, 2015, 11:47:23 AM »
Hi, based on the sql error. Seems your table is already using v1.2 scheme. Please click on the customer_transaction table and click on structure to see if it's already using date_modified instead of update_date. Based of it, you should change the upgrade sql query.