Please help us to make AbanteCart Ideal Open Source Ecommerce Solution for everyone.

Support AbanteCart eCommerce

Author Topic: Use AbanteCart without ini Parameters  (Read 10279 times)

Offline irwancheung

• View Profile
Use AbanteCart without ini Parameters
« on: February 11, 2015, 09:51:13 PM »
Hello guys. I am Irwan and I am new user of AbanteCart. I just installed it on my webhost yesterday and I got warning about ini_set is disabled. I have contacted my hosting provider and they can't enable it due to security reason. I tried to disable the ini setting in init.php which are:
- ini_set('session.use_trans_sid', 'Off'),
- ini_set('session.use_cookies', 'On'), and
- ini_set('session.cookie_httponly', 'On');

And there is no more warning message on my webpage. My question is will there be any problems in the future if those settings are disabled?

Thank you in advanced. :)

Offline cgpalana

• View Profile
Re: Use AbanteCart without ini Parameters
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2015, 07:41:51 AM »
Hello Irwan,

I suggest you set whatever the AbanteCart's system requirement, to avoid problem on some core functionalities. Enabling and careful use of this session cookie can be used to regulate access to the web application over time. Without cookies, websites and their servers have no memory. A cookie, like a key, enables swift passage from one place to the next. Without a cookie every time you open a new web page the server where that page is stored will treat you like a completely new visitor.

Regards

Offline ronybarne

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2015, 08:23:25 AM »
Well, I was unaware of what this was so I simply left it disabled and didn’t come across any issues so far. Why don’t you contact the customer care and have a word about this?

Offline Advisor

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2015, 01:26:21 PM »
Also be careful with 3rd party cookies (through sub-domains for instance)