Please help us to make AbanteCart Ideal Open Source Ecommerce Solution for everyone.

Support AbanteCart eCommerce

Author Topic: Adding products via API  (Read 8555 times)

Offline KenF

• View Profile
Adding products via API
« on: February 17, 2015, 11:25:18 AM »
Hello.  I am looking at using AbanteCart, but I need to make sure it can handle the following:

I need to be able to import products via an API.  My top supplier has a webservice API that allows me to pull their product information and updates.  I need to then feed that information into my store.  Previously (with another cart system), I was able to add products to the database directly, using that cart's SOAP based REST API.  It looks like Abantecart currently has no API commands for directly adding items to the database.

Is it possible to do this by creating an extension API, or is there something already in place that could accommodate this?

Thanks

Offline eCommerce Core

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Adding products via API
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2015, 10:45:43 AM »
There is no ready API to add products remotely, but you can definitely create this using existing functions.

Check this
http://www.abantecart.com/document_wiki/index.php/Import/Export_AData_class

If you need RestFul API, you can check how admin API is constructed and add controller to handle API request to add product as a feed.
“If you’re in the luckiest one per cent of humanity, you owe it to the rest of humanity to think about the other 99 per cent.”
― Warren Buffett