Please help us to make AbanteCart Ideal Open Source Ecommerce Solution for everyone.

Support AbanteCart eCommerce

Author Topic: Export Data, Permission Denied - all options are yes  (Read 6255 times)

Offline Dave1960

• View Profile
Export Data, Permission Denied - all options are yes
« on: September 11, 2014, 02:12:52 AM »
Hi:

I am attempting to make a user administrator group that will have permission to do pretty much everything because I do not see a way to make another Top Administrator and I don't want the other person to use my credentials.

So I made a group with every option set to yes, which works fine except that the user in this group cannot export data. He can go to the export data page, make the selections, but then upon hitting Export he gets a page that says Permission Denied.

Can you help with this please? Either I need another Top Administrator or I need to fix the permissions so he can export data.

Thank you!!

Dave

Offline Basara

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Export Data, Permission Denied - all options are yes
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2014, 05:25:05 AM »
Hi:

I am attempting to make a user administrator group that will have permission to do pretty much everything because I do not see a way to make another Top Administrator and I don't want the other person to use my credentials.

Hello.

You dont need to create new group for this. in Admin-System-Users click Insert new:
fill with new user credentials and select Top Administrator group for new user. New user will not use your credentials

Offline llegrand

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2014, 09:10:05 AM »
Hi,  here's the link in the docs about that in case you haven't found them yet.
http://docs.abantecart.com/pages/users/users.html

But Basara's reply is absolutely correct -  you can set as many Top Administrators as you wish.  That User Group is always there.  And you can change a user group assignment at any at -  just use the User Group pull down and make the selection.

« Last Edit: November 01, 2016, 08:32:11 AM by Basara »

Offline Dave1960

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2014, 03:37:37 PM »

Thank you guys :) I must have missed that somewhere! Is there a way to just set the permissions for a particular group so data can be exported? I have everything set to Yes but yet still not able to export data.

Thank you,

Dave

Offline llegrand

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 26, 2014, 03:51:18 PM »
Can you as the original admin export?

Offline Dave1960

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 27, 2014, 10:14:23 PM »
Yes as a top admin I can export. It's just when I try to make another group and have everything checked yes that it will not export.

Thank you!

Dave

Offline llegrand

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 28, 2014, 01:27:59 AM »
Dave,  you're missing the critical point in the previous answers.  You do NOT need to make another user group if you intend for them to have all the rights.  Just make a new USER,  and assign that user to Top Admin.  You can have as many Top Admins as you want.

If you wish to have users with lesser rights,  that is when you make a new USER GROUP.

Give it a try and see if it solves your issue.

Lee

Offline bsmith40

• View Profile
Re: All permissions denied for user group ?
« Reply #7 on: February 18, 2015, 03:32:39 PM »
I'm responding to this post because I have asimilar problem but can't figurte out how to make a new post here?

I set a new user attched to a group, set all permissions, modify and acces to ON. Login under that user and get permission denied for everything.

I followed all instructions inuser manual. Help Please

Offline llegrand

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 18, 2015, 05:04:42 PM »
Hi,  let me answer your question about posting first:

one the top of every post page on the left side under the Hello (your name) - there is a HOME button (it is orange)

Click on it, to go to the entire support board. 

Next - select a section that seems to fit your question - or use Support - General Support (child board).

Click on that  and you will get a Topics pages.  Look for the NEW TOPIC button,  click on it, and you will have the ability to pose a new question.

Hope this helps.
Lee

Offline llegrand

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 18, 2015, 05:10:54 PM »
Now in regards to your user issue -

Are you also trying to set another Top Administrator user? 

If so,  then you only have to add the user to the users list.  And simply assign that user to the User Group - Top Administrator.

If you are assigning a User to a different User Group you will need to set the User Group first before anyone can be assigned to it.   

Both the User Group and the User must be in the ON setting to function.

If you can log in as an admin,   try assigning your new user to the same Top Admin.   See if you can log in that way.
That will tell you if your user is set up correctly.

Then you can change the group they are assigned to for further testing.