Please help us to make AbanteCart Ideal Open Source Ecommerce Solution for everyone.

Support AbanteCart eCommerce

Author Topic: questions/problems  (Read 4742 times)

Offline lostmytophat

• View Profile
questions/problems
« on: February 24, 2015, 05:18:39 PM »
New version of AbanteCart, installed just a few days ago (version 1.2.0). Here's my questions/problems list:

1.) I get a message about a core update, but when I go to the link, it says there's nothing there. No updates are showing under the "Updater" either.
2.) I have Authorize.net as my store's only payment method, and when I turn "Auto Select" ON, during the check-out process it doesn't auto-select. It also doesn't remember the shipping choice from the cart, a customer has to select it again and then the payment select option appears and Authorize.net has to be selected.
3.) Is there a way to remove the coupon field from the shipping and payment selection page as well? Right now, there's only the option to remove it from the cart page that I can find. I would actually prefer to be able to remove Checkout Step 2 all together if possible as there's no reason to have it there with shipping method having been chosen in the cart and there being only one payment method to chose from.
4.) I can't seem to change the favicon. I searched and found only "favicon.ico" and "4.ico" and replaced them both. There are no other .ico file in the directory, but my store's still showing the default AbanteCart favicon. I cleared the cache an tried in different browsers.

Note: In the UPS extension, the ON/OFF buttons for shipping methods seem to be reversed. I have to turn them ON to turn them OFF and visa-versa. It's not really a problem to do that of course, but I thought I'd mention it to you anyway. (I tried this fix for the Authorize.net auto-select issue, but it didn't work)

Thanks in advance for any help offered.
« Last Edit: February 24, 2015, 06:44:39 PM by lostmytophat »

Offline Basara

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: questions/problems
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2015, 01:21:32 AM »
Hello.

Thank you for your questions  :) Can you please create one topic for each question. Hard to read and answer to your list
Few answers  ;)

New version of AbanteCart, installed just a few days ago (version 1.2.0). Here's my questions/problems list:
Last version is 1.2.1

1.) I get a message about a core update, but when I go to the link, it says there's nothing there. No updates are showing under the "Updater" either.
See manual - you can update manually http://docs.abantecart.com/pages/upgrade/auto.html (Please BACKUP first!)

2.) I have Authorize.net as my store's only payment method, and when I turn "Auto Select" ON, during the check-out process it doesn't auto-select. It also doesn't remember the shipping choice from the cart, a customer has to select it again and then the payment select option appears and Authorize.net has to be selected.
Auto Select work in case you have only one Payment method enabled.

3.) Is there a way to remove the coupon field from the shipping and payment selection page as well? Right now, there's only the option to remove it from the cart page that I can find. I would actually prefer to be able to remove Checkout Step 2 all together if possible as there's no reason to have it there with shipping method having been chosen in the cart and there being only one payment method to chose from.
Remove coupons is possible only with core files modify

4.) I can't seem to change the favicon. I searched and found only "favicon.ico" and "4.ico" and replaced them both. There are no other .ico file in the directory, but my store's still showing the default AbanteCart favicon. I cleared the cache an tried in different browsers.
Go to admin-system-settings-Appearence Tab then select your template to edit favicon http://docs.abantecart.com/pages/settings/appearance.html
« Last Edit: November 01, 2016, 07:02:47 AM by Basara »

Offline lostmytophat

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2015, 02:06:39 PM »
1.) Solved, thank you :)
2.) Sorry, i don't understand your answer, can you please re-state it in another way? Also, Auto Select also isn't working for shipping method. I have Free Shipping, FedEx, and UPS enabled, with Auto Select turned ON for Free Shipping and OFF for UPS and FedEx. During checkout though, Free Shipping is not preselected.
3.) I figured this one out, thanks :)
4.) Tried that, didn't work.
« Last Edit: February 25, 2015, 04:06:56 PM by lostmytophat »

Offline Basara

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2015, 05:34:10 AM »
Autoselect - You can set to skip payment selection page if there is only one payment option. This payment method will be selected automatically. Work on my side  :D

Offline lostmytophat

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2015, 11:27:33 AM »
I do only have one, I even uninstalled "default_cod" instead of just turning it off. Auto select's still not working.