Author Topic: default paypal express and promotions doesn't put tax into final price.  (Read 11818 times)

Offline lydmanp

• View Profile
So when i make an order of an item that has a promotion of some amount and when i add it to cart and go to checkout, all is fine. I see promotion amount and the taxable value of that.
I confirm and go to paypal. Still everything fine but when it returns back to confirmation page, the tax value has disappeared and paypal sandox shows also that no tax was charged. Why ?
This seems like a bug to me.

I use abantecart 1.2.1

default_paypal_standart works ok.

Offline Basara

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Hello.

Do you mean http://marketplace.abantecart.com/promotions-management or AbanteCart buid-in quantity promotion?

If you have issues with Flexy Promotions please contact extension developer. Anyway I can not replicate issues with quantity discounts. By the way check customer address on Paypal side and make sure it is taxable with AbanteCart tax settings
« Last Edit: November 02, 2016, 07:17:00 AM by Basara »

Offline lydmanp

• View Profile
I use the built-in promotion discount option. See from attachment.

Both AbanteCart customer address and payer address is in finland. So that should not  be the problem.
I also use sandbox version of paypal and i run the abantecart from localhost but using a tunnel to open ports to the wan.

I doublechecked the customer address vs paypal address.
Customer addresses matched on abantecart side and paypal side and as stated before, paypal standart payment method works correctly.
Why then pp_express ? Well mainly  because it has the admin page refund button. No other reason.

Image series capture2-capture4 shows the issue i'm having. Normally my products costs 0€ and i have a +30€ promotion "inverted discount" to the item.
« Last Edit: March 04, 2015, 05:47:30 PM by lydmanp »

Offline Basara

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Hello.

I am sure your issue related to not taxable paypal address. Double check your tax rates settings http://docs.abantecart.com/pages/localization/locations_and_taxes/tax_classes_list.html
I can replicate your issue only when used not taxable paypal address
« Last Edit: November 02, 2016, 07:17:34 AM by Basara »

Offline lydmanp

• View Profile
Thanks for the reply,

Still i don't understand how the default_pp_standart payment works what comes into the tax issue in default_pp_express payment since they use same paypal account (i.e. the same storeowner email and addresses)

BUT -> I will read that link through and try again.

EDIT***
I read through your link and all is fine. But i noticed that the freakin state/or province will mess up the order final if customer for eg. has misstyped the state or province... I added a new address with matching state and it started working.

Can the state or province option be ignored from abantecart or paypal side somehow ?

-Peter
« Last Edit: March 05, 2015, 03:38:33 PM by lydmanp »

Offline lydmanp

• View Profile
One more thing. Paypal_standart does not care of the state field in paypal. It can be empty and the tax will still be applied to the final price.

Offline Basara

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Can the state or province option be ignored from abantecart or paypal side somehow ?

-Peter

Hello. I do not think PayPal Express able to ignore customer's PayPal address. Try to modify extension core files in case this is critical for you.

Offline lydmanp

• View Profile
Ok, thanks for the tip.

I have modified a little bit on the core file so i know something about it. In that file i need to do other things also, eg. skipping paypal section if a product with price 0 is seen.
Let me know if you know the place where to look for the state comparison. I will start to look into it but as i'm new to AbanteCart cart it may take a week to find the "sweet spot" ;)

-Peter

Offline lydmanp

• View Profile
I found one place in the code that removes the issue, ie. leaves the tax in the final price but i wont tell it to you :)

Naa, ok here is the line (first i searched for zone and state and commented out them from code, then i searched for word tax and i found it, btw. i use Aptana ide and its super nice to open eg. abantecart folder. It can "grep" text inside the opened folder, and thats how i found the tax issue):

Code: [Select]
abantecart/extensions/default_pp_express/storefront/controller/responses/extension/default_pp_express.php#341 > $this->tax->setZone($country_id, $zone_id);

i commented out this line of code.
Unfortunately??? or maybe not but it will allow even other country addresses in paypal side to "pay the bill".
Well i think thats okay as long as abantecart wont forward payments to paypal when countri is not Finland. ( i have to test this a bit i think)

Why i wanted this was because of the fact, that im planning to open a webstore in Finland only, and whole Finland tax rate is the same all over finland... ie. 24% tax :/
Its nice to live here with this kind of tax rates but maybe thats ok, since we don't have tornados, landslides, earthquakes and zunamis... The only problem we have is, we are drowning in money :P

Offline Basara

• Administrator
    • View Profile
I found one place in the code that removes the issue, ie. leaves the tax in the final price but i wont tell it to you :)

Naa, ok here is the line (first i searched for zone and state and commented out them from code, then i searched for word tax and i found it, btw. i use Aptana ide and its super nice to open eg. abantecart folder. It can "grep" text inside the opened folder, and thats how i found the tax issue):

Code: [Select]
abantecart/extensions/default_pp_express/storefront/controller/responses/extension/default_pp_express.php#341 > $this->tax->setZone($country_id, $zone_id);

i commented out this line of code.
Unfortunately??? or maybe not but it will allow even other country addresses in paypal side to "pay the bill".
Well i think thats okay as long as abantecart wont forward payments to paypal when countri is not Finland. ( i have to test this a bit i think)

Why i wanted this was because of the fact, that im planning to open a webstore in Finland only, and whole Finland tax rate is the same all over finland... ie. 24% tax :/
Its nice to live here with this kind of tax rates but maybe thats ok, since we don't have tornados, landslides, earthquakes and zunamis... The only problem we have is, we are drowning in money :P

Thank you for your solution.
Finland......some day  ::) ....
In Paypal extension page in admin you able to limit PayPal payment method visibility for Finland location only

Offline lydmanp

• View Profile
Re: default paypal express and promotions doesn't put tax into final price.
« Reply #10 on: March 09, 2015, 02:35:53 PM »
Hi,

yes i have limited the visibility. But there is still a problem since some times the shipping address i changed to be taken from paypal (ie. billing address).
I tested pp_standart and pp_express with following results:

############
Paypal standard (guest mode):
- Tax ok in all cases (paypal side address in United states (US) or Finland without state, and with state) -> tax according to finnish rates.
- works ok in guest mode (paying with eg. US address in paypal -> shows shipping and payment address Finland (filled in on abantecart side). => still a bug since payment address should be in this case US! I dont know is there plans to fix this kind of issues ?

Paypal standard (login mode):
- Tax ok in all cases (paypal side address in United states or Finland without state, and with state) -> tax according to finnish rates.
- works ok in login mode (paying with eg. US address in paypal -> shows shipping and payment address Finland (filled in on abantecart side). => still a bug since payment address should be in this case US!

Paypal express (guest mode):
- Tax ok
- works NOT ok in guest mode (paying with US address in paypal, shows shipping and payment address US back in abantecart side). => Priorizes / Takes address from paypal side. why ?

Paypal express (login mode):
- Tax ok in all cases with my tweak  (paypal side address in United states (US) or Finland without state, and with state) -> tax according to finnish rates.
- works ok in login mode (paying with eg. US address, shows shipping and payment address in Finland (filled in abantecart side). => still a bug since payment address should be in this case US!
- BUT it creates for some reason 2 orders, first is incomplete and second is ok.

Paypal express quick purchase button (guest mode):
- works ok in guest mode when paypal address is us. Does not allow order!
- works same way if address in Finland without state
-> NEEDS A TWEAK IN CODE (should work with country discarding the state => BUT -> with Finland and and a state from Finland, it works ok.)

Paypal express quick purchase button (login mode):
- Tax ok in all cases (paypal side address in United states (US) or Finland without state, and with state) -> tax according to finnish rates.
- works ok in login mode (paying with eg. US address, shows shipping and payment address in Finland (filled in abantecart side). => still a bug since payment address should be in this case US!

CONCLUSION
WORKS OK:
- Paypal Standard works best in guest vs login mode but it does not have the refund option. :(
- Paypal express quick purchase button => IN LOGIN MODE, WORKS OK.
- Paypal express checkout => WORKS OK IN LOGIN MODE BUT -> MAKES 2 ORDERS (1 incomplete, 1 complete)?

NEED TWEAKS:
- Paypal express checkout => IN GUEST MODE, TAKES ADDRESS FROM PAYPAL SIDE (should take address from abantecart)
- Paypal express checkout => IN LOGIN MODE, MAKES 2 ORDERS (1 incomplete, 1 complete)
- Paypal express quick purchase button => IN GUEST MODE, WORKS ONLY WHEN STATE AND COUNTRY IS CORRECT (SHOULD WORK ALSO IF ONLY COUNTRY IS CORRECT)
############

This forces me to use standart paypal payment.

Offline Basara

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 10, 2015, 02:46:12 AM »
Hello.
Thank you for report
NEED TWEAKS:
- Paypal express checkout => IN GUEST MODE, TAKES ADDRESS FROM PAYPAL SIDE (should take address from abantecart)
This is because of express
assuming customer wants to use info that is in PayPal to make checkout fast
Not a bug

NEED TWEAKS:
- Paypal express checkout => IN LOGIN MODE, MAKES 2 ORDERS (1 incomplete, 1 complete)
Minor issue since Incomplete orders not visible for customers and opted from default order list in admin. Issue reported to developer https://github.com/abantecart/abantecart-src/issues/101

NEED TWEAKS:
- Paypal express quick purchase button => IN GUEST MODE, WORKS ONLY WHEN STATE AND COUNTRY IS CORRECT (SHOULD WORK ALSO IF ONLY COUNTRY IS CORRECT)
What do you mean correct? Also customers should provide correct info to pay with PayPal

Offline lydmanp

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 10, 2015, 08:22:35 AM »
NEED TWEAKS:
What do you mean correct? Also customers should provide correct info to pay with PayPal
[/quote]
I mean that expess quickpay button purchase works only, if paypal is entered with a proper state. At least when country is Finland, i must write the state by hand (ie. no option dopdown to select the state), thus means that if you have miss spelled state or you have not typed the state at all, the purchase wont go through. I think the state is compared somehow between paypal and abantecart ?

Otherwise, ok. I understand now that express is meant to be used as the reference for the purchase (ie. products shipped to address defined in paypal).

So for me, i think the pp_standart is the payment method to be used in my case. I just have to swallow the fact that i can't do refunds from abantecart admin side, or could it be implemented to pp_standart ?

But i still have plenty of think with my custom priced items.

What i have now done is as follows:

1. Product items with default price of 0
2. if product with this specific id is entered to cart and the price for that item is 0 -> set cart price to 0 (this is not fully implemented, i have only implemented the case if cart subtotal is 0, dont add flat_rate_shipping cost or fixed_shipping to cart. I one item has a price, the shipping cost will be added to cart.
3. When customer has checked out the 0 priced cart, i will get a notification and i will estimate the price for what the customer needs.
4. I will give the product a promotion to cutemergroup including only the customer who made the custom item request.
5. Send update by mail or into order status -> that tells customer to go an add the item again to cart
6. customer has a custom price on an item and shipping is added to the total price.
7. ... ship the items.

So i need still to create some logic how and what to do if customer has "fixed" price items + the 0 priced items in cart.
Maybe i have to build a button that says -> get /wait for price estimate which then puts the order as custom order status into admin page so that i can see, that someone wants to get a price estimation of a custom priced item.

Offline Basara

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 10, 2015, 08:46:04 AM »
So for me, i think the pp_standart is the payment method to be used in my case. I just have to swallow the fact that i can't do refunds from abantecart admin side, or could it be implemented to pp_standart ?

By the way did you try PayPal Pro?

Offline lydmanp

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 10, 2015, 01:54:26 PM »
No :) Somehow the name indicates to me that it costs something. Maybe i'll have to take a look.