Please help us to make AbanteCart Ideal Open Source Ecommerce Solution for everyone.

Support AbanteCart eCommerce

Author Topic: Need your suggestion before create e-Shop  (Read 18950 times)

Offline zorrofes

• View Profile
Need your suggestion before create e-Shop
« on: March 31, 2015, 05:00:36 PM »
Hello,

I'm happy to be member in your website. Always, i sell electronics items, Smartphones and other items in Ebay, iOffer and other website.

But, always after selling, i need to pay some FEES. I decide to try to sell in website and to win FEES.

I found some e-commerce like: Prestashop, Magento, Opencart.... and your AbanteCart. And all are FREE.
 I found also, others like: Shipify, Bigcommerce....etc and i need to pay every month.

For me, i'm not website creator. That's why i need your suggestion to find the easy way for me to find:
The best offer + best template + the secure system.

In your website, i didn't find templates, not like the other website. Where i can found your template (FREE or Not FREE). And also, if i like a template in other system (Like prestashop or html5 or Opencart), Can i use it in your system, if yes, how to upload a new website in your system.

Finaly, i'm happy to be member with your in this forum, and i'm waiting your help and suggestions.

Best regards,
Thanks.  :D

Offline Gordon Taylor

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Natural Handcrafted Soaps
Re: Need your suggestion before create e-Shop
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2015, 10:06:41 PM »
We do have a few free templates available and there are certainly paid ones out there as well. I'm very experienced in using Shopping cart software and I can tell you from experience that AbanteCart is the best out there and I have tried most of them!

AbanteCart has it's own marketplace. Go to Abantecart.com and click on marketplace, you'll find templates, extensions and more!

Welcome to our forum and I know you'll find it helpful to help you get started on your journey to become free of the fees!

Regards,

Gordon
« Last Edit: March 31, 2015, 10:09:24 PM by Gordon Taylor »

Online llegrand

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2015, 10:31:29 PM »
Hey, hey Gordon,   I am going to chide you a bit here -  your guidance to checkout the Marketplace was good,  but it stops a bit short of what's out there in templates.   Yes, there are some out there,  BUT none of them support the latest versions of AbanteCart.  The lastest version is 1.2.1  and most of those templates only go to 1.1.9.  That's the one thing we're still a bit behind on AbanteCart is already done templates.   

However,  the truly great responsive default template that comes with the download is remarkably adaptable even for folks with not coding skills.   

I would encourage our new participant to download AbanteCart,  and very importantly spend a little time reading the documentation  (there's a link at the top of the board here)  and seeing how really easy it is to reconfigure the layouts using the very versatile layout design functions. 

And to respond to your question, zorrofes, if you find one someplace else,  can you use it here -  the best answer is no.   The next answer is perhaps if you have coding experience etc.  But really,  the default template is quite flexible and works for most businesses.

Lee

Offline Gordon Taylor

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2015, 10:37:28 PM »
Well said Lee and exactly right.

Offline zorrofes

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2015, 11:17:02 PM »
Thank you for your help.

I checked in Templates and i found:

2 FREE templates:  (Storefront Template #2) it's working only with 1.1.8   + (Actual Demo) with the last version 1.2.1

15 Other templates: cost between: 35$-59$.

My first test, i will download the FREE one, i will try both themes: 1.1.8 + 1.2.1 with XAMPP.

And what about HTML5. If i find e-commerce theme HTML5, can i use it with AbanteCart ??

Thanks.

Offline Gordon Taylor

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 01, 2015, 07:54:44 AM »
You can only use templates that are designed for AbanteCart for technical reasons. Other templates won't work, it's not the HTML5 that won't work, it's the .php and something called hooks. (Not trying to be too techical).

Gordon

Offline zorrofes

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 01, 2015, 03:07:29 PM »
Ok. And if i found some .php e-shop pages. Can i modify the original template ?

Offline Gordon Taylor

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 01, 2015, 03:29:14 PM »
Yes, you can, but keep in mind that AbanteCart updates will cause you to lose your work, you'll need to modify it all over again, or stay with the version you have modified.

Offline zorrofes

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 01, 2015, 03:38:54 PM »
OK. Really it's not easy. I forgot after every update, need to modify.
It has become complicated for me.

llegrand:
Yes, there are some out there,  BUT none of them support the latest versions of AbanteCart.  The lastest version is 1.2.1  and most of those templates only go to 1.1.9.  That's the one thing we're still a bit behind on AbanteCart is already done templates.

Thanks.

Offline zorrofes

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 01, 2015, 03:43:54 PM »
I love in AbanteCart: "Design---Layout" in Admin mode and we can modify the design of each page.

I don't know if there is another software: (prestashop, OpenCart,..etc) with this option.

Offline Gordon Taylor

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 01, 2015, 04:01:11 PM »
I love in AbanteCart: "Design---Layout" in Admin mode and we can modify the design of each page.

I don't know if there is another software: (prestashop, OpenCart,..etc) with this option.

There are those and more, I've used most of them, but then I found AC and here is stay ... it is the best!

Offline zorrofes

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 01, 2015, 04:05:45 PM »
Yes, it has a good layout and easy way to modifiy, but without template. :(

Offline zorrofes

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 02, 2015, 09:57:45 PM »
Any idea about:

webacappella . com // E-commerce
x-cart . com
cs-cart . com

I have this message : "Sorry, you are not allowed to post external links"! Why ?
Thanks.

Offline Gordon Taylor

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 02, 2015, 10:05:42 PM »
You can't post external links until you reach 10 posts. It's for spam prevention.

Offline Gordon Taylor

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 02, 2015, 10:06:56 PM »
Any idea about:

webacappella . com // E-commerce
x-cart . com
cs-cart . com

I'm not sure I understand your question. What do you want to know about those services?