Author Topic: 1.04 issues with tax calculations in Parcelforce extension & fixed cost shipping  (Read 7670 times)

Offline mrchrisbarnes

• View Profile
1. I have identified that there is an issue with the totals & tax calculation in the Parcelforce shipping extension. 1.04 works fine with Citylink which is essantially the same extension with different wording to the parcelforce one.

e.g: This is a copy of what happens with parcelforcetotals

Sub-Total: £8.29
Parcelforce 48 (Weight: 0.23kg) (Estimated Time: Within 48 Hours): £1.00
UK Vat 20%: £1.86
Total: £11.15

the subtotal (£8.29) shows as an ex tax price which is correct
However the shipping cost is added as a tax inclusive price into the total, this is not correct.
Also the price shown for shipping before it gets added into totals is not the correct value either. Please note that this is only with Parcelforce and works as it should do with citylink.
Please note that I have set vat values for local tax & need to show correct totals & charge correct amount of tax. Most important!

2. You need to be aware that if you have a fixed cost shipping price set in the product listing, this causes an incorrect value in the shipping total if you use the other shipping extensions, even if you don't have flat shipping enabled. As it stands you have to make sure you dont have a value for fixed shipping set in the product listings if you intend to use anything other than flat rate shipping!

Hope this helps & will be addressed in next version.
Thanks guys!

Offline Basara

• Administrator
    • View Profile
1. I have identified that there is an issue with the totals & tax calculation in the Parcelforce shipping extension. 1.04 works fine with Citylink which is essantially the same extension with different wording to the parcelforce one.

e.g: This is a copy of what happens with parcelforcetotals

Sub-Total: £8.29
Parcelforce 48 (Weight: 0.23kg) (Estimated Time: Within 48 Hours): £1.00
UK Vat 20%: £1.86
Total: £11.15

the subtotal (£8.29) shows as an ex tax price which is correct
However the shipping cost is added as a tax inclusive price into the total, this is not correct.
Also the price shown for shipping before it gets added into totals is not the correct value either. Please note that this is only with Parcelforce and works as it should do with citylink.
Please note that I have set vat values for local tax & need to show correct totals & charge correct amount of tax. Most important!

Hello.

If You dont want to add shipping cost as a tax, go to Parcelforce settings and set Tax Class: to -none-.
Note: Changes will be visible only when shipping requoted (remove products from cart and add to cart again to start new checkout process)

Offline abantecart

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Ideal Open Source Ecommerce Solution
We are trying to resolve this issues if it is still present.

Please let us know if these 2 items are the same

Also the price shown for shipping before it gets added into totals is not the correct value either.
and
2. You need to be aware that if you have a fixed cost shipping price set in the product listing, this causes an incorrect value in the shipping total if you use the other shipping extensions, even if you don't have flat shipping enabled. As it stands you have to make sure you dont have a value for fixed shipping set in the product listings if you intend to use anything other than flat rate shipping!

Can you please provide an example of settings for this?
Please  rate your experience or leave your review
We need your help to build better free open source ecommerce platform for everyone. See how you can help

Offline alexvas

• View Profile
Hello Abantecart team,

Wanted to bump this topic.
I got exactly the same issue with Weight Based Shipping - VAT is being calculated incorrectly if shipping is INCLUSIVE of VAT:

Should be:
Product: £10.00 + VAT 20%
Shipping: £1 + VAT 20%
VAT: £2.00+0.20= £2.20
Total to pay: £13.20

Abantecart calculates:
Sub-Total:   £10.00
UK (Weight: 0.50kg):   £1.20
VAT 20%:   £2.24
Total:   £13.44

Basically, it applies VAT twice – on £1.00, and then on £1.20 again.
If delivery is made NO TAX – then everything works fine. Could you please advise on that?
I also tried uninstall-install extension, but it didn't help.

AbanteCart Version 1.2.10
Weight Based Shipping Version: 1.0.1

Regards,
Alex
« Last Edit: April 12, 2017, 05:57:43 AM by alexvas »

Offline Basara

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Thank you alexvas
We will check and update this topic

Offline Basara

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Hi, alexvas.
Looks like you miss something in settings
See what we have in AbanteCart 1.2.10 if set Weight Based shipping to be taxable
Sub-Total:   $10.00
Uk (Weight: 1.10lb):   $1.00
Vat 20%:   $2.20
Total:   $13.20

So please recheck your settings, clear AbanteCart cache and try again. Also did you change anything else like calculation order in the Extensions >  Order Totals?

Offline alexvas

• View Profile
Thank you very much for quick response. I tried to switch to Pounds as in your example, but it didn't help.
Cache may be the reason indeed. What cache categories do you suggest to clear? All?
I just don't want to miss all my products and settings :)

Offline alexvas

• View Profile
Bump...

Is it safe to clear all cache, or it's better to leave some boxes unchecked?

Offline Basara

• Administrator
    • View Profile
You can skip clearing Images cache