Please help us to make AbanteCart Ideal Open Source Ecommerce Solution for everyone.

Support AbanteCart eCommerce

Author Topic: Customer address from Admin side???  (Read 4987 times)

Offline srqm

• View Profile
Customer address from Admin side???
« on: March 03, 2015, 02:49:46 PM »
Apparently, when one is creating a new user from the Admin side, you can't view or add a mailing address? Please telling I am wrong about this, but it seems incredible that this isn't available.

I want to import my customers into AbanteCart , but I can't view addresses in an export file, or add them from the Admin side?
This seems like an unbelievable oversite. Please tell me I am wrong.
There are absolutely no message in the forums regarding this, so I must be an incredibly ground breaking person to find this glaring error. Every shopping cart I have ever used has this feature, yet AbanteCart doesn't?

To be honest this error alone has me seriously thinking of looking elsewhere.
It seems unforgivably inept.
So far I am very disappointed in this cart, will probably uninstall it shortly. This is incompetence on a major scale.

Offline llegrand

• View Profile
Re: Customer address from Admin side???
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2015, 03:11:05 PM »
it is a two step process  when adding a customer thru admin -
1.  add the customers - save
2.  go to that customer and select the edit address button or add address plus on the top left part.

http://www.abantecart.com/ecommerce-documentation/user-manual/admin-user-manual/sales-menu/customers

If you are importing the address are in at table called  _addressess,  customers on in _customers.

sorry you are "disappointed" with the cart,  but perhaps it is more a matter of things be presented in a different format than you are seemingly familiar with.
After having be an Abantecart user for well over a year,  started with ver 1.1.7,   I find it a wonder cart once you learn where things are.

Lee

Offline rachelagboola

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2015, 09:42:57 AM »
Please Lee can you explain better how i can import customers contacts like emali?

Offline llegrand

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2015, 10:55:30 AM »
I need a bit more direction in what it is you want help with. Please tell me what you wish to do.

Do you have customers already in your cart and wanting only to add email address to them? 
Or are you needing to import all the customer account info from some other source?