Please help us to make AbanteCart Ideal Open Source Ecommerce Solution for everyone.

Support AbanteCart eCommerce

Author Topic: Linking to External Products  (Read 5813 times)

Offline MsBree

• View Profile
Linking to External Products
« on: April 23, 2015, 06:59:23 PM »
I'm very new to AbanteCart, coming from WooCommerce.

I would like to know how I can link a product to an external link rather than have the customer purchase a product directly from within my AbanteCart. 

Basically, I would like to enter a new product, fill in description and all other pertinent information, and then have a link for the customer to click to "learn more and click here to purchase" rather than 'Add to Cart'.

Thank you!

Offline Basara

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Linking to External Products
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2015, 02:17:48 AM »
Hello.

In admin go to product edit page and set Block Product from Ordering setting ON
For the link you can put it to the product description

Offline MsBree

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2015, 06:52:57 AM »
Thanks so much for replying Basara, and for your instructions.

Once I selected 'Block Product from Ordering' and saved, the 'Add to Cart' button text changed to "Call to Order", which when clicked, takes me to my Contact Us page.

First, how can I change the text from "Call to Order" to something like "Order Now", and then make that link clickable to an external link? 
thank you!

Offline Basara

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2015, 06:57:36 AM »
Change Call to Order text is very easy. Try to search in admin for Call to Order text

To make that link clickable to an external link you need to edit core template files

Offline MsBree

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2015, 07:55:42 AM »
Thank you...I found it just fine! 

Would it be possible to give me simple instructions on where I can find the specific file that needs to be edited to make the link clickable to an external link please?  I'm presuming this would be the same file that needs to be edited to change the internal link that is currently going to Contact Us page?

Thanks again for your help!  I'm really hoping to make this work!

Offline MsBree

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 25, 2015, 08:18:40 AM »
Does anyone know?  "Would it be possible to give me simple instructions on where I can find the specific file that needs to be edited to make the link clickable to an external link please?  I'm presuming this would be the same file that needs to be edited to change the internal link that is currently going to Contact Us page?"

I'd also like to know how others are handling their shopping cart links to go to external sites, such as affiliate links?  I'm willing to pay for a module too, that does this!

Hope someone can help!  This is the ONLY issue I have that I really need to resolve before moving forward!
thank you very much!!

Offline MsBree

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 26, 2015, 08:59:41 AM »
Just stopping by to say that I no longer need help with AbanteCart!  I've already made the switch to another cart!
Thanks!!