Author Topic: How can I edit - Home page Free Shipping section?  (Read 11036 times)

Offline jaysbar

• View Profile
How can I edit - Home page Free Shipping section?
« on: May 01, 2015, 08:23:52 AM »
Hi All,

I'm Jay, just started to use AbanteCart after some good reviews. I hope I am not disappointed! So far, so good....

I have 2 questions and hope you can help:

1. Please can someone tell me how I can edit the 4 boxes on the home page? I have attached an image of the 4 boxes in questions, the first box says "Free shipping on orders over $200"....

2. Currently, I am testing AbanteCart on a subfolder (mywebsite.com/AbanteCart/). Will I be able to migrate this to the root of my website mywebsite.com ?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

yonghan

Re: How can I edit - Home page Free Shipping section?
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2015, 09:14:37 AM »
Hi there, welcome aboard.

1. You can edit it via Design-Blocks-Main Page Promo
2. You can clone it to your root if you are using Softaculous.

Hope it helps

Offline jaysbar

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2015, 11:57:15 AM »
Hi Handoyo

Thanks for your message.

Brilliant tip with the blocks - your instructions were perfect!

If I do not use Softaculous, what's the best way to migrate from root/Abantecart  to  root/  ?

Thanks

yonghan

« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2015, 12:11:20 PM »
You're welcome. I don't think there is another way to do that. i suggest you to directly install abantecart in your root, or you can backup your data, install new abantecart on root folder and restore the data there. But perhaps there are other forum members has done that before and would like to share his/her experience with moving from folder to root folder.

Offline jaysbar

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 01, 2015, 12:40:00 PM »
It would be great if someone could shed some light on how to move a site because I am building my site on root/AbanteCart so visitors to my new domain name cannot see the build in progress. I guess I can use the maintenance mode option, but I would still like to be in a position where I can make changes in a development site, then migrate the changes to LIVE.

yonghan

« Reply #5 on: May 01, 2015, 01:05:17 PM »
Hi, I think you can just move the files directly to root and change some values in config.php and .htacess in order to get it work. I haven't done it before but it should do it.

Offline jaysbar

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 01, 2015, 01:39:05 PM »
I will try that now.... Watch this space!

Offline Gordon Taylor

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Natural Handcrafted Soaps
« Reply #7 on: May 01, 2015, 01:59:48 PM »
Here is a pinned thread on exactly how to move your store!

http://forum.abantecart.com/index.php/topic,426.0.html

Offline jaysbar

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 02, 2015, 04:26:04 AM »
This works so far…

1.   I created a new DB
2.   I uploaded the original AbanteCart install files to root
3.   I changed the CHMOD permissions per the install guide
4.   I installed AbanteCart without the demo data from root (I had to use the same prefix as my previous install which was abc_ )
5.   Using my SQL DB backup, I went to System->Data->Backup / Restore and restored the SQL using “Restore from SQL file”
6.   Refresh my storefront page and it looks restored
7.   I deleted the Root/Install folder
8.   In Admin, I changed my Storefront URL
9.   I replaced the ALL folders from my backup to my FTP for this new /root.
10.   I changed the following values in System/Config.php (without these changes, the Admin site will not work):
   a.   Change ADMIN_PATH to your new path (as defined when you installed to /root)   
   b.   Change DB_USERNAME to your new DB username
   c.   Change DB_PASSWORD to your new DB password
   d.   Change DB_DATABASE to your new DB database
11.   Copy the Config.php file back to System/
12.   You can now log into the Admin area, BUT ONLY using your original credentials, not the ones you created for this new root/ install.
13.   Storefront and Admin still work as expected

ERRORS Experienced
1. ADMIN is now broken – instead of showing me the Admin login page, it just shows me the storefront. This is because you have not made the relevant changes to the System/Config.php file.

Questions
1.   System/Config.php is a plain text file, is this a security flaw?
2.   Can I change the DB prefix from abc_ to something else without breaking the system? I know I can select all of my tables and “Change Prefix” in PHPmyAdmin and change the DB_Prefix in System/Config.php. But will this break AbanteCart?

I only installed this script this week, it looks pretty neat! I hope it can cope with load!

Thanks

Offline jaysbar

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 02, 2015, 04:56:04 AM »
14.   IF you need to change the table prefix from the standard AbanteCart abc_ to something else, open the DB in PHPmyAdmin
15.   Expand the DB so in the main frame you can see all of your tables
16.   Scroll right to the bottom and choose “Check All”
17.   Next to the word Check All is a drop down menu which says “with selected”, change this drop down to Replace table prefix”
18.   A new window will open asking for the existing prefix which is abc_ and you new prefix WhateverYouWant_
19.   Click Submit
20.   You table prefixes have now been changed and your storefront will no longer work until you complete these steps
21.   Open Stystem/Config.php and change the DB_Prefix from abc_ to your new prefix, save and copy back to System/ and refresh the FTP folder
22.   Try your store front and it should all be working perfectly

Anything I missed??

Offline llegrand

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 02, 2015, 10:00:01 AM »
You've done great job.   I only see one missing thing -  if you've changed your .htaccess.txt file to  just .htaccess so that the SEO URL works,  you probably need to remove the /dir in the file that was in the original /dir files.   If you hadn't changed it in the original,  you are fine in the new one.

And this is a really good thing to know - AbanteCart developers use  ac_ in the database for all of their development, I would would suggest that you use that as your prefix.   In the past  a couple of versions ago,  there were some issues because folks hadn't used ac_   or didn't know how to change it before the ran the update. 

Welcome, to AbanteCart  - it's a pretty great cart

Lee