Please help us to make AbanteCart Ideal Open Source Ecommerce Solution for everyone.

Support AbanteCart eCommerce

Author Topic: Need Help - Coupon Code Length  (Read 4759 times)

Offline Geckocomps

• View Profile
Need Help - Coupon Code Length
« on: May 02, 2015, 02:23:47 PM »
Hello,

I created over 2500 tickets with a coupon code consisting of 13 characters.  I of course did this before realizing that the supported number of characters for coupon codes on AbanteCart is between 2 and 10.

Before I go crossing off 3 characters on all of these tickets is there a way I can increase the maximum length of the coupon code?

This would really help and save me a HUGE amount of time.

Thank You in Advance,

Kyle

Offline llegrand

• View Profile
Re: Need Help - Coupon Code Length
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2015, 02:55:33 PM »
You can increase the field size within the database table  called coupons,  is it currently set to the value of (10) 

You can easily use myphpadmin to do this.   I would suggest you make a test on non-production site first  or at least make a backup copy of your table PRIOR to altering the structure.

This may be all the adjustment you need to do,  or there may be some field resizing needed in the template so the longer code can be input by the user. 

Lee

Offline Geckocomps

• View Profile
Re: Need Help - Coupon Code Length
« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2015, 04:02:26 PM »
Thank You!

I wasn't able to necessarily get it to allow me to allow a larger code through the admin console.  So instead of monkeying around with it I was able to just force my longer code in the database itself.  It works!

Thanks, you saved me a bunch of time :)