Author Topic: Down grading AbanteCart Cart  (Read 9331 times)

Offline bubblegumweb

• View Profile
Down grading AbanteCart Cart
« on: May 12, 2015, 10:43:33 AM »
Hi All.

Since I have upgraded AbanteCart cart to the most current version I am finding that I receive quite a few errors in tasks that I ask AbanteCart to do. My question is, Can I downgrade my AbanteCart cart version from the most current AbanteCart cart back down to version 1.19 when everything worked perfect?

Regards

Offline Gordon Taylor

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Natural Handcrafted Soaps
Re: Down grading AbanteCart Cart
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2015, 11:05:12 AM »
Go into your back ups and restore an older back up that was done when in 1.1.9

Offline bubblegumweb

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2015, 03:24:25 PM »
Hi,
thanks for the reply. When you say go into my backups, do you mean in the abantecart admin area?
Regards

Offline Gordon Taylor

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Natural Handcrafted Soaps
« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2015, 03:35:21 PM »
Yes, restore would have been a better word to use. Restore it to an earlier back-up and it should go back to what you had.

Offline bubblegumweb

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 14, 2015, 04:25:02 PM »
Hmmm,

unfortunately, I committed the ultimate sin and did not backup before I upgraded to the most current version, so I have no backup files anywhere to restore back to.
Looks like I am well and truly goosed on this one.

Regards

Offline llegrand

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 14, 2015, 04:49:57 PM »
How did you upgrade?  if you used the upgrade key within the admin panel,  one of the things it does is make a backup of your installation. 

Look in your files    - admin/system/backup    it will be a tar.gz  file - looks something like this  -(has the date and time.      data_export_04112014_221142.tar.gz

Offline bubblegumweb

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 15, 2015, 03:01:15 AM »
Wow, great I have actually seen these files. I will attempt a backup from there. Many thanks for your help

Offline bubblegumweb

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 15, 2015, 04:44:30 PM »
Hi,

ok, in my admin area of abantecart I located that I did the upgrade from 1.19 version to the current version of abantecart. So, I have located a file which I have downloaded to my computer from my server in admin/system/backups manual backup 2015-1-17-13-46-17 From this file I am assuming abantecart did this backup before I upgraded to the most current version. Ok, so in this file there are 2 folders (data) & (code) the data folder holds the file (dump.sql) so I have gone through the process in abantecart restore using this dump.sql file to be confronted with a critical error message (SEE ATTACHED SCREENSHOT) Yet, I am still able to log back into admin but nothing has changed to my abantecart as it is still the most current version? Any ideas please?

Regards

Offline Basara

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 18, 2015, 04:40:04 AM »
Any ideas please?

Regards

Check AbanteCart error log

Offline GottaRun

• View Profile
    • GottaRun Webshop
« Reply #9 on: June 11, 2015, 02:43:38 PM »

Hi,

ok, in my admin area of abantecart I located that I did the upgrade from 1.19 version to the current version of abantecart. So, I have located a file which I have downloaded to my computer from my server in admin/system/backups manual backup 2015-1-17-13-46-17 From this file I am assuming abantecart did this backup before I upgraded to the most current version. Ok, so in this file there are 2 folders (data) & (code) the data folder holds the file (dump.sql) so I have gone through the process in abantecart restore using this dump.sql file to be confronted with a critical error message (SEE ATTACHED SCREENSHOT) Yet, I am still able to log back into admin but nothing has changed to my abantecart as it is still the most current version? Any ideas please?

Regards

After upgrading my site to 1.1.9 and then to 1.2.0 I am getting this same critical error message when I try to access either my public domain or my AbanteCart admin panel

Check AbanteCart error log

Unfortunately I can not access my AbanteCart dashboard to check this log, my cpanel error log tells me:

File does not exist: /home/gottarun/public_html/404.shtml, referer: http://gottarun.ie/static_pages/index.php

I am also unable to roll back from a system aborted update to 1.2.0 to my last full system backup of 1.1.8.

Can you advise where this is possibly gone wrong for me please Basara?

Offline Basara

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 12, 2015, 02:04:18 AM »
Hello.

In case you can not access admin you can locate error log directly in the file /system/logs/error.txt