Author Topic: Customer account download area  (Read 7251 times)

Offline bubblegumweb

• View Profile
Customer account download area
« on: May 13, 2015, 07:21:18 AM »
Hi all,

Upon testing a downloadable product I have logged into a customer account to see if the download section works but I do not see anymore the button to download any products. This has happened since I have upgraded to the most current version of Abantecart. ( SEE SCREENSHOT ) Any ideas how to fix this problem please?

Regards

Offline Basara

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Customer account download area
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2015, 05:16:02 AM »
Did you see problem in all browsers or in IE only?

Offline bubblegumweb

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2015, 07:16:03 AM »
Hi,

unfortunately I am unable to check that now as I have done a full server restore back to my AbanteCart version 1.1.9 and all is working fine now. It is beyond me why AbanteCart release these version upgrades when there are possible errors in them. I am in the process of building my own website to sell my designs on and eventually doing away with AbanteCart. It's too risky to be loosing business because of faulty upgrades. I wish AbanteCart all the best for the future but I wont be using there free software anymore.
Regards

Offline bubblegumweb

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2015, 03:36:54 AM »
Managed to re install the most current version of Abantecart back to how it was for me. In answer to is the customer area download text missing in other browsers, the answer is yes. I have checked on browers IE 11 and Google chrome.

Regards

Offline Basara

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 28, 2015, 06:30:14 AM »
Managed to re install the most current version of Abantecart back to how it was for me. In answer to is the customer area download text missing in other browsers, the answer is yes. I have checked on browers IE 11 and Google chrome.

Regards

Hello.
I think this is related to template changes - you can try to restore original template files to check this. Or maybe you disabled all downloads in admin (check Allow Downloads:ON/OFF setting).

Offline bubblegumweb

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 28, 2015, 07:11:30 AM »
Hi,
thanks for the reply. I have checked admin area "settings" and the allow downloads are on (see attachment). I'm not sure what you mean by the template thing though?

Regards

Offline bubblegumweb

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 28, 2015, 07:20:14 AM »
Hi again,

I have just checked in admin area settings "appearance" and noticed there are 2 template options "default" & "default html5" I have always had it set on default html5 and it has worked perfectly. So, I have done a test and changed the template to default and tried the customer account download area and it has worked, it is showing the download button text, but the template layout is terrible it is not a neatly laid out like the default html5 template. Any ideas on how to get the default html5 working correctly would be great. (SEE ATTACHED IMAGES)

Regards
Gary
« Last Edit: May 28, 2015, 07:26:05 AM by bubblegumweb »

Offline Basara

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 28, 2015, 07:47:32 AM »

Offline bubblegumweb

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 28, 2015, 12:23:09 PM »
Yahoo!!

I have copied the download.tpl file you sent me to and it is now working, all the buttons are showing again. Amazing... thank you very much for your help!!! 10/10

Regards