Author Topic: Creating custom install  (Read 4054 times)

Offline michaelmuller

• View Profile
Creating custom install
« on: May 21, 2015, 12:12:49 PM »
Hello, I am a new user of AbanteCart and so far I like it. Certainly takes a little getting used to, but that's ok.

I am now installing my second cart of six immediate projects, and I'm wondering if it's possible to modify the base install files so I don't have to remove all customers, orders, products and categories before I can even get started on putting real content in -- on every site I host with this software.

I am using Softaculous on cPanel 11.48.4 (build 4), LAMP server.

Thanks.

Offline webdevmerc

• View Profile
Re: Creating custom install
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2015, 12:50:43 PM »
You'd have to check with your ISP, but I can install directly with shell (linux) access (mostly moving files, but you can probably also use ftp or copy to move the install package there too) and when I configure it on the web interface (without using cPanel Softaculous, I can just check a box to not autoload any of the sample data...

Offline llegrand

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2015, 01:17:51 PM »
Actually you have several options - depending on what you want your setup to be and how familiar you are with phpmyadmin, etc.

I do websites for a group of independently own distributors, each with their own domain name,  but all have the choices of the same products from one manufacturer, and can add outside items.   Since they are all uniquely owned  using the multi-store setup did not work as each store can see other stores, etc.

i have one MASTER store,  that is configured the way i wish it to be, with all the products, settings,  etc.

Then when I add a new distributor I use the Master to get the info into this installation.

If all your stores are "related"  and controlled by the same folks  you might find multistore useful.

But webdevmerc is also correct  - if you do one install manually  and select to not install the demo  then you have a clean install,  And you can add that one to Softaculous, they have a nice routine up there to add manual installs.

Offline michaelmuller

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2015, 01:52:56 PM »
Ok. I will look into that. Thanks.