Author Topic: Email - Office 365 Exchange Question - SMTP AbanteCart Email  (Read 5181 times)

Offline Geckocomps

• View Profile
Hello again,

I have searched the forums and have tried the settings and suggestions that were mentioned in the other posts.
I have recently upgraded to Exchange email so I can no longer email from the from the server or 'mail' setting.

In any case I am attempting to use the SMTP information to connect with my email account.  However for some reason the cart is not allowing the connection to my email.

I have used the settings that were provided, I have tried both SSL and without

smtp.office365.com

Has anybody else successfully linked this kind of account to the cart?  or is there a workaround?

I have also tried gmail and followed the same steps on the other post however have not been able to get that to work.

Anyone have any suggestions, I would greatly appreciate it!

Offline Basara

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Email - Office 365 Exchange Question - SMTP AbanteCart Email
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2015, 04:13:03 AM »
Hello.
Please take a look Example of gmail SMTP settings in this doc http://www.abantecart.com/ecommerce-documentation/admin-user-manual/system/settings/mail
Important to check AbanteCart error log for mail related errors.
Please note the common issue with mail is hosting/server configuration - please contact with your hosting provider.

Offline Geckocomps

• View Profile
Re: Email - Office 365 Exchange Question - SMTP AbanteCart Email
« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2015, 04:19:11 PM »
Thank You for the reply.

After calling my hosting provider 12 times I finally was able to get someone to correct the main issue. 
My records were not set to 'remote' so PHP mail would not work on my server as the email attempted to always go out through my Exchange server.

After the change everything works perfectly.